“Great value, convenient for airport and U-bahn”
Review of Hilton Duesseldorf

Hilton Duesseldorf
Ranked #27 of 237 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great value, convenient for airport and U-bahn”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed overnight while in transit, on a special weekend rate (85 Euros) that included breakfast. I was also upgraded to the Executive Floor, but did not sample any Executive Floor facilities other than the upgraded room (which included a complimentary 1/4 bottle of house red, still and sparking water, and some rather delicious cake!)

The hotel is located in a business district on the edge of the airport and I sense struggles to fill its rooms at weekends, hence some excellent weekend room rates. Despite its location, the getting to the hotel from the airport requires a short taxi or bus ride (no hotel shuttle) or, as I did the following morning, a ride into the city centre on the U-bahn (just a short walk away) and out to the airport station on the S-bahn (less than 3 Euros, and much more fun!)

The room was very nicely furnished, if perhaps on the small side. Breakfast was high quality: personally I would have liked more of the traditional German options (even more choice of rye breads, smelly cheeses, yoghurt-soaked mueslis, etc) but this is splitting hairs. The staff were super-friendly and helpful. Overall, for the price charged, it was hard to fault and I will be back again if ever in transit in Dusseldorf.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor and your kind comments on our people and our service. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Until then we remain

Your Hilton Dusseldorf Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as it was close to our office.
Short cab ride from the airport, short cab ride to socialise with my colleagues.
Lovely staff, wonderful facilities. Does what it said on the tin!
Really nice breakfast, clean, comfortable and fab rooms.

Room Tip: avoid rooms near the lifts, I did and had a very restful sleep.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor and your kind comments on our people and our service. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having another opportunity hopefully soon to welcome you back to the Hilton Dusseldorf. Until then I remain

Yours sincerely,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Location was great as only for me, a 10 moniute walk to the office but I think for a leisure break a bit too far out of the centre of Dusseldorf. Used the S Bahn to get into the centre which including the walk to the stop took about 30 mins, though taxi does it in about 10 mins for about 10 EUR. hotel breakfast very good and with a friendly service. The rooms are very nice, quite spacious. The only downside is the wireless cost at 22 EUR per day. It's 2012. Wireless should be included in all room rates. You could get for 9 EUR though for a smart phone !!!! Barthrooms nice with some nice toiletries provided. Shower also good with good temperature too. Would give 5 stars if wireless cost was free or much lower, but it's a 4 star rating for now.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay at Hilton Dusseldorf. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and please be informed that we will offer free internet access in public areas in 2013. Our Hilton HHonors gold and diamond members already enjoy free Internet access in Hilton Worldwide hotels.

I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back and until then remain

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is a fairly standard hotel by Hilton standards. I found the rooms a bit tired and in mine the carpet was lifting in several places, a bit dangerous especially for older people. I have to say that after staying in any Hotel for 18 days is enough for anyone, but the biggest problem to my mind is the location. Its great for getting to the Messe, but as far as entertainment goes, you are in the middle of nowhere. In its defence, the staff are great and the lounge and bar very good indeed. Basically its very good for business, but I wouldn't recommend it for tourists or sightseeing.

Room Tip: High floors away from the lifts in the centre of the Hotel, very noisy in the mornings
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay at Hilton Dusseldorf. It is a pleasure to read your compliments on our team and that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and the Axis bar. I am sorry that you did not like our location. We are located 5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the City Centre, close to the river Rhein and fairground. Public transport is 3 minutes away and it is a 30 minute walk along the Rhein to the Old Town. Please accept my sincere apologies on the condition of the carpet in your room and be assured that we are working on a solution.

I do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back and until then remain

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel for business, and were very satisfied with our experience. This hotel was fully up to Hilton standards, was clean and quite. The front desk staff spoke great English, was pleasant and very helpful.

This was a typical business hotel, with a location much closer to Messe Exhibition Halls than to town, but a short couple of block walk to the tram which can get you to either quickly. We went to the Alt Stadt area every evening for dinner and drinks and it was a safe easy ride on the tram.

This hotel has an executive lounge that does serve breakfast and snacks as a nice compliment to the room.

We would definitely stay here again if returning to the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HiltonDUS, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with your experience. We look forward to welcoming you in the future and remain

Your Hilton Dusseldorf Team
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had previously rated this hotel after a business trip as an excellent choice for the business traveler. I also remarked that, however, I would not recommend it for a weekend stay in Düsseldorf because it is too far away from the old town. (see my other review)

This review now is my appolgy to the management.

They advertised a weekend rate of 79 Euros which is simply unbeatable for a hotel of this class. So I stayed here again, this time together with my wife. The 10 Euro taxi ride into town can be easily overlooked knowing that you are somewhat outside the hustle and bustle.

This time there was enough time to use the gym and sauna and also have a long breakfast outside on Saturday morning. Service, again, was impeccable, in particular I would like to single out Jeannette who checked us in and was extremely helpful in planning the few hours we had.

In the morning we used the (free) hotel bikes and had a nice tour through a nearby park along the river Rhine.

Another great experience at Hilton Düsseldorf, warmly recommened not only to the business traveler but also for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments on your recent stay at Hilton Dusseldorf. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are satisfied with the service we provide. Your kind comments on our front desk agent Jeannette have already been forwarded to her.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Hilton Dusseldorf.

Kind regards

Torsten Weller
Director of Operations
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 27, 2012

It is pretty safe to say that all of the Hilton hotels in Germany share the same high quality. The Hilton Düsseldorf is a very comfortable hotel in a quiet, dignified section of Düsseldorf with easy access to the rest of the city and a short walk to a lovely park on the Rhine river.

My room is comfortable and the much needed air conditioning works perfectly, although the blower is a little noisy. The bed is of good standard and the room is very spacious. There is a minibar (unfortunately the Hilton automatic billing kind) and coffee making facilities. My bathroom is a little cramped, but the shower works fine. Food and drinks are of course very expensive, as are the minibar choices, but there are a few restaurants in the general area. The closest public transport is a light rail about 300-400 meters from the hotel. If you drive to the hotel, there is paid parking on site.

While I wish that the European Hiltons didn’t try to nickel and dime you so much, they make up for it with the comfortable rooms. I’ve never been able to match the sleep quality that I get at these hotels at the non-corporate hotels. Here, I don’t need to wonder if I’m going to hear drunks crashing through the streets at 3 AM screaming bloody murder, and I don’t need to toss and turn in bed because the air conditioning is either non-existent or just pitiful and it is just too hot to sleep. I’d stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Duesseldorf. We are glad to read your recommendations and look forward to your next visit in hopefully not too far future.

Kind regards