“good location”

Ranked #50 of 237 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Antwerp, Belgium
“good location”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Booked by Weekendesk.be, payed 140 euro's for a nice room including breackfast. Good location. Very nice vieuw from the swimmingpool at the roof. It's located in the Japeneese aria. Second thime we visited this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel_nikko_dus, General Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Lierke,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay at HOTEL NIKKO DÜSSELDORF and for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Your good comments have encouraged us not only to keep at least this present standard of service rather to make it more comfortable and enjoyable for our future guests.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and most of our hotel services were according to your expectation.

Dear Mr.Lierke, it would be a great pleasure for us to be able to welcome you at our Hotel again in the near future.

Best regards
Ken Dittrich
General Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We booked this hotel just the night before our stay and had no problems checking in. The reception staff were both friendly and efficient during check-in and check-out. We booked a comfort room which we was happy with. We never booked breakfast as we know the area and where to have good food in bakeries nearby. They had a nice TV in the room with good interactive features. The bed was comfortable and we had a decent sleep. One of the lights (of which there are many) showed some usage wear, but that was the only minus in the room. A great location between the main train station and the Altstadt with all the Best shopping streets within a short walk. There are also plenty of bars and restaurants nearby (not just Japanese ones). We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 822 on the floor under the Spa. This room had great views of Dusseldorf landmarks to the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel_nikko_dus, Manager at Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Jim C.,

it is a pleasure for us to read your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel nikko düsseldorf.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the nice view and most of the services where according to your expectation.

We submitted your nice words to our Front office team, they where very happy that you felt comfortable with us.

Dear Mr. Jim C., we are looking forward to your next stay in Düsseldorf and it will be a pleasure for us to host you again.

Best regards
Ken Dittrich
General Director
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I start every review this way: I travel for work and am on the road over 200 days a year. I stay in over 150 hotels annually. I have stayed at over 1,000 different properties, everything from chains to boutiques.

Pro's: I love this location, right in the heart of Japan-town, also a short walk to the train station where there is always activity. The staff was very accommodating to me, moving me from my first room because it reeked of past smokers, but was supposed to be a non-smoking room. My room was huge, with plenty of space to spread out.

Con's: I know this is common practice in hotels around the world, but the heating system is central. So either all rooms are on heat, or air conditioning. We stayed in early april, and while it was cold outside (55f/13c) it was so hot in my room. (74f/23c) and it would not cool down at all, even with the system off. No windows opened in my room, and there were no rooms to switch me to. They did find me a fan though, so it made staying bearable.

In summary, I'd consider staying here again, but I'd be pretty choosy on the room I got.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Location is good. Rooms are really poor and horribly dated. Service is weak. Brekfast was very saf. 25€/ day for wifi. No irons. Tiny rooms with twin beds when a king was booked. Not worth spending €130/night on! Choose a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Travel688373

Travelers are raving about these Dusseldorf hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed in this hotel from 18-20 April for business/pleasure with DP. The hotel is within 5 minutes walk from the main train (HBf) station. There are plenty of trains from there to the airport and takes roughly 15 minutes. There is also the Tourist Information centre, directly opposite the station

The hotel is located in the Japanese quarter of the city where there are plenty of Japanese restaurants and business. I was given a nice room in the new wing, so everything is brand spanking new.

My room was extremely big. There are big windows and a sofa and arm chair in my room. It also has a king size bed, large bathroom with shower only and toiletries from Molton Brown. They don't tend to give out toothbrush, shaving items, etc freely but is available if you call them! There is also a coffee machine in the room, a mini fridge, a wardrobe (but with very limited hangers) and a flat screen TV.

I didn't try the SPA so can't comment. The breakfast is located on the 1st Floor. At the time when I stayed, there was also an exhibition on the first floor and it was quite hard to locate the breakfast room. So I went to the Ground Floor and asked someone and without looking up, he just pointed and mumbled 'First Floor!'

The variety of food here is good, as there are many Japanese tourists staying here I would imagine they have more eastern food, but there was only miso soup. There is of course the usual, bread, bacon, sausages, eggs, fruits, cereal, etc

There is a restaurant on the ground floor next to concierge and a Japanese/Karoake bar in the basement. One other thing I noticed is there is not enough seating area in the lobby. There is one sofa chair and that's it. You either have to sit in the restaurant or opposite the lift if you want to sit in the lobby.

As the hotel is located near the KO (apparently the nicest shopping street), its better to get a hotel nearer to there or near the Rhine. Nikko is located about 10/15 minutes walk away.

Also the surrounding area is quite scarry during the night, there are drunks hanging around some streets, especially outside convenient stores and we even saw a drug addict with needles in his arm just around the corner from the hotel!

Having said this, it's a nice hotel and I like it. Would I stay here again? Perhaps...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Nice modern hotel.
We had a good deal, but the extras were very expensive!
Wifi in the room was extortionate!
Breakfast an extra 25 euros so we passed!

Rooms were nice, but fairly average.

Location was good

Not much more to comment on, as we only stayed x 1 night.

Nothing bad & nothing extraordinary!

Frankfut
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Nikko is a very good hotel. At most times and always during fairs it will cost you quite a sum. At those other times its a great place to stay. I spent one night in one of their superior doubles last night and thought it very good value at €139: spacious, modern, nice. The hallways are less charming, admitted, but that's not much of an issue to me. The convenient location, 3 minutes walk from the main station is. Also, all the great japanese Restaurants are across the street or easy walking distance. B'fast overpriced at €23 but quite good.