Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

A little dated for a 4 star hotel with not enough amenities. Breakfast buffet in the weekend is pretty good, just a shame there is no proper bread toaster to heat up your rolls or slices of bread. There's only 1 that can fit 2 slices.
The waiters at the buffet have done an excellent job at hospitality.

I mistakenly thought there was a fitness facility and pool. However both were missing.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2016

We have been coming to the Renaissance for several years now, and it is always a pleasure. From the very friendly staff at the front desk to the comfortable rooms and excellent beds. From the hotel it is a short walk to the tram station and from there a 15 minute tram ride will take you right into the center of town. The hotel has a parking garage, so if you come by car, just park there and don't drive into town. Whether you come to Dusseldorf for the famous Christmas market or for a stroll through old town or along the borders of the Rhine in summer, the Renaissance is a good choice. Very often they have good rates including breakfast and for Marriott gold members breakfast is free anyway. There are not many restaurants near the hotel (except for an average Italian just around the corner), but the hotel restaurant serves good food (though a bit expensive). But the city center of Dusseldorf of course has plenty very nice restaurants and if you have a car, you can also take a short drive to Ratingen where you will find several nice restaurants as well (f.i. Zum Portz of Cedrics).

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2016

I stayed in this hotel overnight early this month. It was a layover that the airline put me up at due to the recent issue at the largest airport in the middle east.

The entrance is a wee bit cramped with some mannequins etc on display between the lobby and the elevators

The room per se is quiet spacious (see photos) and the bed is comfortable - but there is some grill-kind of structure in every floor that separates the elevator area from the rooms - which looks very industrial - more like a factory than a hotel

Since we were layover passengers the Hotel set up a buffet for us for dinner - I was very disappointed with the meal - very sparse..some chewy pasta, boiled chicken with pepper dusting, and steamed vegetables - for dessert...wait for this there was sweet ice in a plastic tube!

What was particularly irritating was the three members of the staff that were waiting at the drinks counter (water/juice/softdrink) and warning, double checking with every Guest that only one drink was allowed! To harrowed passengers who were already delayed and looking at the prospect of more -this would've felt worse than it was.

The mornings breakfast spread though standard - the restaurant staff was much more forthcoming than the previous evenings team, which helped immensely

• Trip type: Traveled solo
RDusseldorf, Front Office Shiftleader at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

Dear sachin_kamat,

Thank you for your feedback, for both positive and negative one.
In regards to your experience, your comments were already forwarded to our service team and discussed intensively, to provide you with the service that we aim for. We apologize and hope that we have the chance again to proof you that we can provide better service.

Kind regards
Phillip Becks
Front Office Shiftleader

Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night (luckily), the hotel public areas looks to have had a face lift but the rooms are tired and worn. Arrived late and had dinner (separate review) wish we hadn't. Staff we're really good apart from one who kept on arguing with me about a football table ball. The poor rating is for the rooms and the employee who argued

Wouldn't stay there again

Trip type: Traveled with family
RDusseldorf, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Dear Adrian,
With great regret we have read about your experience.
Please accept our sincere apology for these inconveniences caused.
We have discussed your constructive feedback extensively and thank you for providing us the opportunity to improve the services we offer.
Many warm regards from Duesseldorf.

Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, since I had to catch an early morning flight from Dusseldorf Airport. I noticed from the website that this was a Marriott hotel, which I my go to hotel chain at the moment. Once I entered the lobby, there was a rather quiet atmosphere. Not many people, no people at the front office at all. The lady at the desk was very helpful and friendly. The overall interior style of the hallways and the rooms were quite outdated in my opinion, in contrast to the entrance and the lobby. When I left my bags in the room, I went downstairs for something to eat and drink at the bar. I ordered the pulled pork burger and a beer. Food was great and the lady that served me was very nice and friendly. The bathroom was also rather outdated, as there were a lot of marks in the bathtub and sink that indicate that the interior needs some refreshments. All in all, service was fine in both the front office as in the bar. However, when looking at the interior one can say that the hotel needs to improve, since its is operating under Marriotts name. For a one night stay it is fine, however I would like to check out other hotels in the surroundings when traveling from Dusseldorf Airport again.

Trip type: Traveled solo
RDusseldorf, Front Office Shiftleader at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Dear Lennart,

thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us.
We are happy about the positive comments, but want to thank you as well for the further feedback. Our rooms and public areas have been renovated two years ago.
We are sorry that this could not match your expectations.
Our gym will be finished by the end of this year.
We hope to welcome you soon again.

Kind regards