“Great stay and excellent customer service”

Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel
Ranked #52 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on the way back from a trip to Asia. The reception were very welcoming when we arrived and this friendly approach continued across all staff we came in contact with across the 2 days. The breakfast quality was excellent and the again the staff were efficient and had a cheery welcome each mornings, the cappuccino's were really nice too. Rooms were spacious and very clean and ok they are a little old now - a lot of Renaissance hotels are the same (except the brand new ones) but I'm sure they will get improve as time goes on. I slept well both nights in the comfy beds. We used the pool area which again was clean and had a nice view from the top floor, also liked the little sun terrace next to it with a little walled garden - good idea! Overall can't fault my stay here and I would return again when I visit Dusseldorf again. This hotel goes to show that excellent staff make a difference to your experience as we saw here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed one night,and had a nice stay.The service was excellent,and it's only 10mins with taxi (€20) from the airport.If you want to visit the old town and downtown,this hotel is to far away.
The rooms are in desperate need of renovation.Old green carpet ,old furniture and a big box of a TV - Even rope and towels could need a change - The room had a good size and the shower was very good-
The bar was very nice with good food,and the breakfast very good-
No concierge lounge,but free minibar(beer/soft drinks /snacks),breakfast in the restaurant and half price voucher for a meal in the restaurant.
Wifi was very good

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
RDusseldorf, Manager at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

We want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel. We are happy about the positive comments, but want to thank you as well for the further feedback. We are excited to let you know that our public area and guest rooms will be renovated within the next months. We hope to welcome you soon again in our renovated hotel.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I can't believe Marriott would support this hotel under its Renaissance brand. The rooms are at least 20 years old. Carpets in the lobby are tearing. On the plus side - it was clean. I did notice that it was quite cheaper than the other hotels in Dusseldorf - so I guess you're getting what you pay for.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
RDusseldorf, Manager at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

All guest comments are carefully read and investigated as they help us in pinpointing out weaknesses and improve our services provided to our guests.
We want to apologize for your bad experience. We are excited to let you know that our public area and guest rooms will be renovated within the next months. We hope that we have the chance again to convince you of the advantages of our hotel.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I spent one night at this property on 6/6/14. This was part of a packaged deal. As I was arriving early in the morning I booked an additional night using a voucher for my partner and I. The property was able to combine both nights and allowed us to stay in the same room both nights. The rooms are quiet despite it being next to a busy intersection. I didn't hear noise from other rooms or floors.

The property is dated but it isn't so bad that it's falling down or nothing works. The decor is from the late 80s or early 90s but it isn't in total disrepair. If you truly enjoy staying at modern properties then you will want to look elsewhere. I would provide 5 stars if it was updated.

The service provided at the property is really wonderful. Management allowed my partner to check-in, after a phone conversation with me, despite not arriving till the next morning and not on the reservation. They were not rude about the situation either which was appreciated.

As there is no lounge, I was provided with a substantial discount at the restaurant. The food for dinner is rather good and much better than I had anticipated. I would suggest ordering the one pound of white asparagus special accompanied by a filet. Very delicious asparagus and filet. The service in the restaurant was rather good considering there were 4 servers between 35 diners.

I had the breakfast buffet on Saturday and was quite pleased with the selection. There's fresh juices, breads, pastries, eggs, cold and hot meats, yoghurt, cereals, and fresh fruit. It was inclusive with the rate for my second night. If I were to pay for it I wouldn't mind as it is a good value and lower than some other properties I've stayed at.

Parking is ample and underground but you must pay for it. Overnight parking shouldn't cost more than a good sit down lunch. I'm not a fan of paying to park at a hotel but it's rather common in Europe (even outside of city center) but it's cheaper than most places.

The excellent service is really what I like about this property most. From check-in to dinner to breakfast the quality of service provided is really excellent. I've had rather icy interactions with staff at other properties in Germany but thats not the case at the Renaissance Dusseldorf. Maybe it's because I'm used to American standards for customer service but I felt the staff made me feel like I was at a US property.

This is the second Marriott property I've stayed at in Germany and the consistency of service is what I appreciate most. If I were in Dusseldorf again I would definitely pick the Renaissance Dusseldorf.

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I spent 4 nighs in this very expensive hotel for a business trip (Interpack exhibition in 2014).
The hotel looks nice, but the rooms are OK, not special.
The WiFi is very expensive and I can't believe that in 2014 such a big Hotel has to ask money for the WiFi. It's simply crazy. Also the frigobar prices are quite crazy.
Good news from the food: international breakfast is fine, and the restaurant is really OK. If you go in May, you have ta taste the asparagus soup - really good....!!!
If you like running in the morning, turn right and then right again from the hotel door and in a 4 km you will reach the Rhen.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in April 2014. We selected the hotel for ease of location from the airport. It was a short 20 minute ride. While the hotel is starting to show signs of its age the staff has been able to maintain a fairly good quality for the money. The hotel is clean and in a safe area. The rooms were spacious. Considering the cost, the value is certainly here but you must be willing to accept a hotel that's a little old. For our opinion, unless you are willing to pay a lot more, this hotel is a good option for anyone staying in Dusseldorf.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
RDusseldorf, Manager at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and your positive comments. We would like to let you know that our guest rooms and public area will be renovated by the end of the year. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed here overnight to catch a morning flight. It is only 5-10 minutes from the airport. Came in late so had dinner which was quite good. The breakfast was the best we have ever had in Europe.
I will definitely stay here again if we are back in Dusseldorf.

Room Tip: Any room should be great
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple