“Excellent Hotel in a Great Area of Dusseldorf!”

Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel
Ranked #52 of 240 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at other Renaissance hotels around the world and this rates up there with most of them I have stayed in Germany. The staff was terrific from check-in to check-out. The food at the resaurant was excellent as well. The room that I reserved which was a suite room (#442) was so large I could have had a meeting for 8 people in just the living room! The rest of the suite was amazing and everything was so clean and neat. This is not in the city center but for me it was close to the Flughafen Hbf which I got to every day with reliable taxi service (15 euros each way). The S-bahn train service is only blocks away if you want to go to the Main Hbf. The hotel is actually in a beautiful residental neighborhood so I recommend walking around the area and taking in what life is really like to live in Dusseldorf. I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We got a great deal on our room, so it's really hard to complain about this hotel. In fact, there is little to complain about. The beds--most importantly--are comfortable if not a little firm, and there are lots of pillows. Lots. I love this.

The rooms, however, need to be renovated soon if this hotel wants to keep up with the competition. Doors are showing wear, and the fixtures are not the newest.

The breakfast buffet is very good, not great. The service on the three morning we ate breakfast varied from exceptional to pretty darn awful. On the first day, our server (a woman who never stopped smiling for a second) was great. On the second day, an arrogant young man in a suit took our order for an omelet and then never brought it. We waited an hour just to see if it would ever occur to him that he forgot us. We didn't really care. We were full by that time.

Parking was not free. We had to pay 29 euros for three nights.

The hotel appeared to cater mostly to large groups and was a bit far from the old town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel has a fantastic staff that provided consistent and attentive service during my entire stay. The hotel is showing a little age but is maintained well. The location is a also a little out if the way but there is good public transportation nearby. The rooms are a good size and have great beds. I have stayed here before and will likely return if in the area because of the comfort provided.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is a wonderful property; quiet area. Excellent amenities with comfortable bedding, lots of towels, great dining. The only negative I had to comment on is the spa / pool. Too small for the number of guests. The summer special for dining was terrific - 50% off on the ENTIRE bill; liquor included.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite! Well worth the extra space.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Have stayed a few times in this hotel for business, seems mainly a hotel used by airline staff and business people.

Hotel bar is always busy in the evening and quite expensive

Rooms are large and clean, and reasonably priced, location is OK, but check in can be very very slow, as can check out

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ascot_Flyer
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I am a Platinum member with Marriott, so that influences greatly where I stay. Renaissance properties are generally top-notch, but I would not stay at this Renaissance again. Here's why...
The property is not located close to any tourist attractions. It's a 12 euro ride from the train station, and its about another 12 euros to get to Altstadt (there is a tram near the hotel, but I was tired and didn't feel like learning a new form of transportation - cost, who to pay, where to get on / off, etc). The hotel just seems old and outdated as well. For example, there is a desk to work at, but there are no electrical outlets near the desk. As a matter of fact, the only outlet I found in my room was in the bathroom. There also is no fitness room. The hotel is very clean, however, and the staff was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My family stayed here for one night as we passed through Germany. Very reasonable rate for a hotel worthy of 4 star rating. Most staff were excellent including the concierge who helped find me a space to park my car which was too big to fit in the underground car park!

Only negatives is the expensive hotel bar and the swimming pool in the morning was very busy with pensioners (I think it is has private members).

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family