“Great hotel”

Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel
Ranked #52 of 240 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Excellent hotel. Rooms spacious and clean The beds are really comfortable. The breakfast buffet offered a huge choice. Most staff friendly and helpful. Reception staff and check in could have been better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I saw some of the negative reviews on this hotel and hesitated before booking, but like some of you have also said, I tend to be brand-loyal when possible, and I had a free night to use. I'm SO glad we made the choice to stay here.

Here's the basics: The hotel is older, but in my opinion, it's well kept up.
Yes, the tv is an old tube-type, not a flat screen, but we didn't need it.
No, Marriott Rewards members, there's no executive lounge, but the hotel more than made up for it by offering us free breakfast, a discount in the restaurant, and free mini-bar; and since it was available, they upgraded us to a very nice suite.
Check-in was very slow, but the staff were very helpful and (thankfully) spoke good English.

The location is fine if you're trying to stay near the airport. However, as others have said, there's pretty much nothing else close by. However, we enjoyed our meal at the restaurant.

The breakfast buffet was HUGE and had many options. It starts early enough that we were able to enjoy a leisurely breakfast even before a morning flight.

One of the best things about this hotel was everything that we got for the price. I couldn't believe how inexpensive it was! It's perfectly suitable for business travel, couples, and families alike.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank justMJ
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Like most of you, I read all the reviews both good and bad. I booked it because:

1) The rate was a deal and included breakfast and a pool.

2) I'm a Marriott Rewards member and I decided to trust in the "Renaissance" Brand.

I had two three night stays at the hotel in three weeks. The whole family, including my elderly mother, was in tow. If this hotel didn't work, it was going to be painfully obvious right away.

So here's my review...

The hotel is great. Almost perfect, actually. It's located about 10 minutes (or 20 euros) from the Dusseldorf Airport. It's located off two main Rheinbahn transit lines (708 and 701) that will connect you the rest of Dusseldorf in less than 20 minutes. It is a business hotel and functions accordingly. Service is fast, efficient, and unobtrusive. The staff will and (for me) did go out of there way on more than one occasion.

The rooms are clean. The beds are comfortable and wrapped in high quality linens. Yes, the TV's in the rooms are not HD flat screens but are instead 27inch CRT televisions with a variety of channels including three dedicated english language channels and two other than channels that show english language programming. (Who knew you could watch MTV's "Pimp My Ride" with german subtitles?)

The bathrooms are clean and updated with corian or granite countertops depending on the room. Deep tubs and amazing water pressure (not always a guarantee in Europe) with an endless supply of hot water. Big fluffy towels and even bathrobes and slippers in some rooms.

The breakfast is hearty and while the choices appear to remain the same you have to be awfully picky eater not to find something to eat whatever your mood. Fresh breads, cereals, juices, sausages, cured meats, cheeses, fruit, vegetables, and on and on.

The staff make this hotel. Everyone we talked to was eager to please and wanted to help and make sure that everything was just right. Yes, the hotel's style is vintage 1980's but for us it didn't matter. It was clean, comfortable, affordable, and well worth every penny that I paid.

Did I mention that the windows are soundproofed? We overlooked the highway both stays and NEVER heard any traffic noise.

I won't hesitate to stay there again or recommend it to everyone I know. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the sixth floor. There is a library and a selection of newspapers (including USA t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tony997
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was a nice hotel and though it was not central it was convenient enough to get to using the bus and/or train. It had a nice indoor pool to relax after a day of traveling around the city. The airport is not too far, we took a train and then walked up to the hotel. The room was comfortable and nice. It was perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was also a two night stay, the location is ok, there is not much else around here. We booked a special rate which made the hotel good value for money.
The front desk and concierge service were very helpful, and the parking under the Hotel was also reasonable.
The breakfast was a good spread and we enjoyed this very much.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The service in a hotel is very good. The staff is very helpful and ready to fulfil your requirements. I had a very good breakfast with a variety of continental food, fresh fruits and fine drinks. The minibar is well equipped. The location is very good when you want to go to the airport by car or taxi. The rooms have a bit outdated equipment, for example TV with CRC screen. But the rooms are clean. Teh price for the room in that hotel was reasonable. There is an underground parking with dedicated parking places for ladies so that they are not so stressed when parking their cars. I recommend that hotel for any kind of travellers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank grzadam
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I like the hotel, usual high quality you expect from this brand with spacious and comfortable beds. It is a little out of the way; I used this for an overnight stop before my flight the next morning and was a little surprised the taxi cost €20 as I thought it was closer to the airport but you can't blame the hotel for the taxi fares. I didn't eat at the hotel, I went for a walk as it was a nice evening (June) and found a couple of Italian restaurants at the junction of the main road so ate at one of them. The road seemed to mark the boundary between residential business but I didn't cross to see if that impression was accurate on the other side. I usually find German transport very clean and efficient but didn't get the chance to explore so perhaps I am being unkind in that respect.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business