“Average to Very good”

Good for: Families with children
London, United Kingdom
“Average to Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a nice place. The food is not the best Japanese at this level that I have eaten, but it is very good. They do both hot and cold dishes which is nice.

The service is simple, the establishment clean, comfortable and warm altogether. It is quite a small place and strangely - in my opinion - less occupied than the Soup sister restaurant across the road (which I have never been to - the queues are always far too long).

The food here tends to be a little on the sweeter side. Heavier than in other Japanese restaurants I have been to; however, having said that, it is one of my favourite in Dusseldorf. I always find myself going back every so often and so they must be doing something right.

Location wise, one can walk off the excess food on the way into the City centre. A good place to stop and eat with reasonable prices.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“nice place nice food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

the sushi is great, fresh and the price is reasonable, we ordered a special deal package that day. the place is also cozy and comfort, although is not big but its warm, i like it.

it was summer 2009 we came to this restaurant, were coming in one group together with friends. it was great food and great time.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

This place is excellent and very reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend this place. I eat there almost everytime I am in Dusseldorf.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Joel019
Muelheim an der Ruhr, Germany
“This was again a rewarding visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

We were lucky to get two seats near the big window. Time was early evening, after-office-time had just begun.
This was our fourth visit and again we were really satisfied, We like the freshness and good quality of the food.
This time I had the Sushi Kaisenju, and my husband had the Menu Asahi, which comes with a bottle of Japanese Asahi beer, miso soup, a salad and a greentee-icecream as dessert.
We enjoyed our meal very much. Certainly not the last time.
Martina

• Visited October 2011
kinakojam
“Not Düsseldorf's finest Japanese restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2008

For Japanese food (for which this city is justifiably famous) you are much better off heading to Takumi (Ramen), Kushitei (izakaya-style food) or Relax café (Japanese-style italian and patisserie, divine little cakes) all on Immermanstrasse. They are much more authentic and more highly patronised by Düsseldorf's large Japanese population. I found the food to be quite average and the sushi to be bad at Naniwa.