“Location Location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Location Location”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Decent hotel, nothing spectacular. Staff was ok, one with a bit of an attitude though. Can't beat the location - metro downstairs, and can roll out of bed & be at the airport in no time at all! Continues to amaze that larger, seemingly "better" hotel chains have the nerve to still charge hefty fees for Internet usage. Heard of free Wi-Fi Sheraton?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Julisch, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear NYCGirl718,

we are pleased of having you as our guest in September 2012 and we thank you for taking time to write your comment on tripadvisor.
For sure the location is actually unbeatable, because we are located directly at the airport.
Concerning the mentioned internet charges we offer free internet access in our Link@Sheraton Lounge in our Lobby. It is directly next to our bar "on chocks" so you would have the possibility to order hot or cold beverages and for example check your mails. Next time you stay at any Sheraton hotel all over the world please do not hesitate and ask our front desk employees, they will give you immediatly support.

With kind regards,

Executive Secretary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at Sheraton Airport Dusseldorf last summer, around August for a single night for a stop over flight.

Being located actually on top of the airport parking lot, the property does not look a typical Sheraton hotel from the exterior. But that's not too much of a bother given the immense locational advantage that the property offers. Its located right across the airport exit... just cross the road, take the elevator and there you're... right inside the hotel. The airport train station also happens to be in the same building as well. Simply head downstairs and you can catch trains to Dusseldorf city centre as well as nearby Cologne. Travel time to Dusseldorf city centre is about 20 mins or so.

I don't recall the property having the usual pool, spa, garden etc. So this hotel may not be your best fit for luxury travellers or for people intending to stay multiple days in the city but its perfect for business travellers as well as for short stays. The staff as with all Starwood hotels are absolutely courteous and response to all guest needs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Abhishek_Saha
Dear Abhishek_Saha,

I am very pleased to read that you and your family were guests at the Sheraton Duesseldorf Airport Hotel in August last year and even 6 months later you keep your stay as a positive memory!
Certainly the location of the hotel is absolutely perfect, because we have a direct connection to the airport Terminals and as you already mentioned also public transportation is in the same building.
What personally enjoyed me the most is your last sentence in which you mentioned the friendliness of our staff, because I think the people working in a hotel are the ones who will make your stay a wonderful experience!

Peebles, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

As previously stated, if you enter this hotel from the airport departures level you literally wall through a car park. From arrivals level it is not quite so obvious that the hotel is built on top of said car park. All on one level it is a reasonable hotel. Slightly tired in its look but the rooms are quiet (double sets of doors) and comfortable. I always hate the fact hotels don't believe Internet/ wifi is a must. It is no longer a luxury. Starwood Preferred Guests can get it as a "special gift." Really? After checking out the five machines in the gym, I chose to eat in the airport for a change in scenery, but the bar menu has all the usually every hotel has. As my title states its convenient and reasonable. Nothing stands out other than the 60 second walk to the airport doors.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Skytourist,

I am delighted that you knopw to appreciate the advantages of our hotel and thank you for the honest words about the things you would improve.
Guests who share their impressions on tripadvisor are a big help for us to control our standards and improve our services constantly.
Concerning the Internet there are two things I would like to mention. Every hotel guest has the possibility to use our Link@SheratonLounge with free internet access which is located directly next to our lobby bar. Also as a Platinum SPG member you are able to use WiFi internet in your room without charging as a benefit.
A secure Internet connection costs a lot of money for hotels and at home I also still have to pay for my high speed internet connection. I also believe that this issue will develop in the next years very quickly, but until then there will be a lot of hotels and hotel chains in which, at least the high speed internet connections remain charged.

Aliso Viejo, California, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel - I’ve stayed at the BW hotel by Dusseldorf Airport as well. The hotel is incredibly convenient if you want to stay right by the airport. It is also reasonably priced and has very comfortable rooms. All in all a good deal for a short business stay. I got there early in the morning dropped my bag of at the hotel and took a cab to my first meeting (20 min away), checked out and left my bag there and took a train to Dortmund and back in the evening to take my flight to the next destination. I found it worked out very well for the two days (1 night that I was there).
Getting there: It is a short (5 min) walk from the airport terminal. Walk across the towards the S-Bahn station entrance (not the train station which is at the end of the Sky Train ride) and it is right there.
Here is my summary – I try to take into account the things you might find important on a business trip

Location Very good, easy to get to. Several restaurants in the airport, Dusseldorf Airport has a lot of variety and the restaurants are very reasonable. I did not eat at the hotel but the menu looked like it has a number of vegetarian choices which is very good for people like me.
Room Large (almost luxurious), comfortable beds, temperature control in room
Bathroom Very well equipped; nice shower, towels and (even) washcloths which are a rarity in most European hotels.
Workspace Decent, 1 power socket available at table, not much room on the desk if you have a laptop on it
Wi-Fi Average performance, charge. Easily able to connect to my work network and work remotely.
Breakfast Did not eat at the hotel, walked across and got an espresso and croissant at a Starbucks.
Negatives I signed on for the “high” performance Wi-Fi which was quite expensive (19 Euro/24 hours). It performed worse than what I get as free Wi-Fi at a coffee shop. The rate is quite absurd for what you get.

I’d stay here again – way better than the BW Hotel located near the airport which requires a shuttle ride on a “I’ll take you when I’m ready” shuttle service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rakesh M
Julisch, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Rakesh M,

first of all I would like to send you greetings to the sunny side of the world, in Duesseldorf it is snowing and very cold.

I am more than happy when I read your impressions shared on tripadvisor. It fills me with joy that you felt absolutely comfortable and well cared for.
I would like to thank you for taking your time to write such an detailed comment and we are looking forward to welcome you again when travelling brings you back to Duesseldorf.

Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've stayed here three times in the last few months and always enjoyed it.
Direct access from the airport and easy access by train or taxi to the city.
The hotel is ring-shaped and all on one level.
Reception always friendly and efficient, on my second visit the barman greeted me by name (That sounds bad ....), rooms are well sized and designed.
Excellent breakfast buffet
There is sometimes a little noise from the airport but not during sleeping hours

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear 1DNG,

reading your comment made me very happy and I thank you very much for your good review on tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you felt comfortable during your stays and that you know to appreciate the perfect location of our hotel.
Our barman actually works in our hotel for over 10 years and he has a special talent of remembering names and faces. For sure he is one of the reasons why our guests feel so comfortable and we are really glad to have him in our team!

Once again I would like to thank you for your inspiring words and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Gent
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The flight from Brussels Airport International to Fuerteventura was not “hours/prices” friendly for loyal Thomas Cook customers, so we went to Dusseldorf Airport International. We had an early flight, with Condor, to start and a late arrival a week later. To make the things not to complicated and less expensive we spend two nights in the Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel very close to the airport. The arrival with the train was very easy. From the airport, you just have to cross the street and a parking area to enter the hotel. The check in went smoothly. The staff was very friendly. All the rooms are on the ground floor and have the same size. We had not noticed any noise of planes. There is a very small difference between “the Starwood guest section” and the other rooms. I think it was the bathrobe, one extra towel and a extra piece of soap? You have to pay for an internet connection and that is very expensive. The staff in the restaurant “OTTO” was very professional. The baked tuna was very good but the codfish was not well prepared. Staying in this hotel is suitable for one or two nights to get an early flight or a late arrival. It is a business hotel with opportunities for “early birds” tourists.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JACO5354,

I am delighted that you have chosen the Sheraton Duesseldorf Airport Hotel for a relaxing start to your holiday.
As all other Starwoodhotels we also have the SPG Floor for our Starwood Preferred Guest members. This floor is the closest to our front office and has some more guest supplies in the bath room as well as complimentary SPG water. You are right that our room categories differ in the amenities and furnishing, but not in size.
Internet is available free of charge in our Link@Sheraton Lounge which is located in our Lobby right next to our bar. There you can for example check your mails and stay connected with your family & friends while you are ordering some hot or cold beverages.

Additionally I am very pleased that you felt in good hands in our restaurant. I am happy to share your kind words with our F&B Team!

Thank you for giving us a positive evaluation on tripadvisor and we are looking forward to welcome you back!

Kind regards,

Münster
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed on the way back for one night. For an airport hotel easy to reach. Reception OK but not good. Checkout good. The bathroom OK for cleanliness. The room good. Would use again for an overnight. The window could be opened.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Julisch, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear d931t,

thank you very much for your given feedback on tripadvisor and the positive evaluation.

I could read that you were satisfied with your stay in our house. Our motivation is, of course, to create a wonderful experience in our house, so I would have been very thankful to get your feedback to learn what we could for example optimize at check in.

Maybe during your next stay you give us the chance in a personal conversation to learn how we could make your stay more enjoyable.

With kind regards,