“Great airport hotel”

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel
Ranked #35 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We staggered into the Sheraton after a long day with two very tired kids. The entrance was through a grotty concrete walkway beside arrivals. However, when we made it up the lift to Reception proper we were pleased.

Our connecting rooms were very nice and modern, the beds wonderful. We were astounded to see in the morning that we were literally a stone's throw from the control tower and never heard a single plane. Great soundproofing.

We ate late at night on arrival and the room service was quick and efficient. The food was good and fresh. The staff were nice and the lady at reception went to a lot of trouble for us and printed off some directions despite the late hour.

The restaurant is light an airy and had a good choice of food even for fussy kids like ours.

Overall a very pleasant place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank andiamosm
Julisch, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear SKCJ,

for me it was a great pleasure to read your review and I forwarded your positive words to our Sheraton team.
The greatest recognition for our job is the feedback of our guests who have felt comfortable in our hotel and enjoyed their stay.
Long trips are usually very stressful, especially for kids, so I am really glad that we were able to offer you an oasis to come down.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Less than a 5 minute walk from baggage claim, this hotel could not be more easily accessible. I arrived super early (prior to 7 AM) and although it was not guaranteed, they were able to check me in immediately. All rooms are on the one floor in an enormous ring/spoke type of arrangement, so again it was very easy. I had a special room rate so this was not bad, but the prices for everything else were sky-high; the restaurant Otto was excellent for food but very expensive, and the hotel charged an exorbitant rate for Internet access. The room itself was nice and comfortable but a little noisy; no noise from the airport, but I heard many sounds from the hallway and from the man snoring in the room next to mine. With another special room rate, I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BenVerona
Julisch, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear BenjaB,

first of all I would like to send you greetings to Verona and we are highly satisfied of having you as our guest in September 2012. Also I would like to express my thanks for giving us such a good evaluation on tripadvisor. As you already mentioned the location of our Sheraton Duesseldorf Airport Hotel is actually unbeatable, because of its direct connection to the airport.
We are always happy to welcome our guests and if the current utility allows it you are more than welcome to check in at 7am.
However, I would like to use this platform as well to apologize for the inconvenience you had to encounter because of the noise that could be heard in your room.
Please do not hesitate to contact our front office employees, they will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

At the end of a busy week I was grateful for a clean and fresh room, that allowed me to get an extra hour of sleep before my early morning flight. It's a great feeling to know that you will not have to worry about getting to the plane in time. The restaurant is adequate and has a few decent wines. Also, from a security point of view, I liked that the whole hotel is on one level, you do not have to go alone to another floor for your room, every room is on a hallway reaching out from the reception, likewise the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank STurtle
Julisch, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dera STurtle,

we are very glad of having you as our guest in September 2012 and I would like to thank you for your good evaluation of our hotel on tripadvisor. I am really satisfied that you felt comfortable during your stay and that you appreciate the benefits of an airport hotel.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed in executive room and very satisfied.Rooms are very clean.Free internet in the lobby(computers) and excellent breakfast.The price is 23.-€ pp and it is too much.Due to the location(terminal parking house) I recommend to eat the breakfast in the terminal where is a large variety of dining places( incl.McDonalds,Starbucks etc.) if the breakfast is not included in your room rate.Direct access to the train station under the hotel,S11 train.Option two is SkyTrain to the railway terminal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jaenks
Julisch, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Jaenks,

we are pleased with your good review of our hotel on tripadvisor and it is very nice to know that you felt comfortable during staying with us. I forwarded your positive words about the cleanliness of the rooms directly to our first housekeeper.
Of course there are many alternative breakfast options at the airport. The mentioned fast food chains are probably cheaper, but I think it is very difficult to draw a comparison here. The variety, atmosphere and quality of our buffet breakfast is definitely another one, so it is up to you if you want to start the day with fresh fruits, yoghurts, a big variety of cereals, fresh made omelettes, different cold cuts and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, or if you go across the street and grab a coffee to go with a bagel for example. Everyone according to his or her style, priotity and time frame. The Duesseldorf Airport has a great selection for the needs of each individual.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've been here 4 times. It has never been below my expectations. The breakfast buffet is a little pricey, but it is one of the best breakfast buffets I've had at a hotel. The restaurant overlooks the roadway leading up to the airport, and there is a low range of hills in the distance. Makes for a lot of stuff to look at if you are a lonely traveler. The rooms are extremely clean, and so is the toilet ant bath/shower. There is a nice little bar area and the seating area near the reception is nice as well. I visited the fitness center, and it seemed very well maintained.
There is a train station just a short elevator ride away which will take you to Altstadt, and a short walk past the train station is the Airport Parking lot. I've always packed by coat into my luggage and simple walked over to the airport, even in February.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CuriousGeorge3
Julisch, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear CuriousGeorge3,

we are absolutely happy that you felt comfortable during your stay with us and we welcomed you already renewed as our guest. Especially your positiv words about our breakfast and the cleanliness of rooms we are very pleased about. It was a great pleasure for our department heads to communicate this to their teams.

Again thank you very much for sharing your impressions on tripadvisor and we are really looking forward to welcome you back at the Sheraton Düsseldorf Airport Hotel.

With kind regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2012

After 4 nights in a terrible NH Hotel which also had 4* (and was more expensive) we decided to sleep the night before our flight home at the airport. Due to my SPG Platinum membership we selected the Sheraton and got a rate of € 110 all-in.

We arrived by car, picked up the phone and the luggage was taken. When we returned to the hotel for check-in we were told that the luggage is already in the rooms.

The room is of standard size, facing a small garden (you can open the windows) and has a very, very comfortable bed with 2 pillows/person, bathrobe, slippers (no, it's not normal after you stayed at a NH hotel with also 4*). Due to the SPG Platinum membership we got (in addition to the welcome points) a rack with drinks, free internet (fast) and breakfast (very nice).

But the best is, in the night it's completely silent. You hear nothing, no aircrafts etc. The quitest airport hotel I ever slept in.

At € 110 it's a fantastic hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HONkiev

Dear HONkiev,

thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experiences on tripadvisor.
We are absolutely delighted about your comment and this is a welcome motivator for all our employees, because our greatest asset is the satisfaction of our guests.

We are already looking forward to your next visit and send greetings to Kiev!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business. The hotel is easy access within 5 minutes of arrivals. The reception area is not really like a hotel, its a big hallway area, with greetings very impersonal and seemed more interested in chatting between themselves rather than telling you about the hotel. Checkin took less than 5 minutes, they failed to tell me I had free interet with my room rate, anything to do with the facilities or how to get to my room. The room was clean and tidy, a decent size with all the facillities needed except tea and coffee. I didnt liek the bed, whilst it was a double, it was two seperate materesses with two seperate covers. The aircon work ok, but was not that effective. There was t-mobile wireless and internet via cable, however the hotel internet was more expensive for 2 days as it was for 1 month with t-mobile. Breakfast wasnt great. A decent size restuarant but the cooked food was cold. i asked for an omelette however it was cooked in a signifcant amount of oil and on a dirty hob, so I didnt eat it. Dinner was lifeless, probably because it was an airport hotel, food was average. I knwo the hotel had a pool and gym but i did not use it. In summary, new, modern, clean, spacious, food was poor, service was average, unless you need to be at the airport am sure you can find better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank keegan d
Julisch, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Dragek,

thank you very much for your evaluation on tripadvisor and for your openness regarding your impressions.
We take the comments of our guests always very serious, so I took yours as an opportunity to discuss the mentioned points with our department heads. We always depend on the constructive criticism of our guests, because this is the only way we can improve our service continously. There are two pionts which for me are not quite understandable, because you mentioned that there wasn't a tea or coffee facility in the room. Actually every room in our hotel is equipped with a coffee machine, cups and different coffetypes.
In the last section you mentioned that you know that we have a pool. This is something we really never had. We do have a Sheraton fitness, but no pool.
These 2 points have surprised me a little, on everything else we will certainly put more attention.