“Perfect airport stopover hotel, with windows/doors that open to a lovely roof garden view”

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel
Ranked #35 of 240 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I stayed one night in between flights, and found the Sheraton near perfect.

Pros
Smoking rooms available with doors that open to an outside roof garden! At least mine did - room 312
Sun terrace (courtyard) in the middle for smokers
Really comfy king bed with soft sheets
Walk from terminal to hotel in 3 mins

Cons
Sometimes customer service phone wasn't answered
Hotel is really spread out, my room was over 150 meters from front desk, which I had to visit a few times as they weren't answering the phone
Bar tender didn't know how to make a mojito

Overall a very comfy stay, will stay again.

Thanks Sheraton!

• Stayed: May 2012
Julisch, Executive Secreary at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Soywasabi,

first of all I would like to tell you that I really like the picture of your profile! Such a cuty dog with an absolute lovely face!

Ther Sheraton Duesseldorf Airport hotel is built as a penthouse on the roof of a parking garage, so all the 198 guestrooms are on one level. Even the walking distance to the different outlets is not longer than in other hotels, because of the long corridors it gives the impression.

You are absolutely right that every employee has to know how to make a Mojito and please be rest assured that this is not our regular service standard in our bar. I feel very sorry if this caused any inconveniences for you and I already told our F&B Manager just to make sure that she will pay more attention that her staff has the necessary expertise before working at the bar.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here overnight before flying back to the states. The room was clean, comfortable, and the bed was WONDERFUL to sleep in to prepare for the long flight back. Got room service and the meal was hot and promptly delivered. Will happily stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Julisch, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear loriandryan,

I am very pleased that we are able to fulfill all your wishes and you had a great stay in our Hotel.
The mentioned wonderful bed is a special Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and before such a long flight a good night sleep is really important.
I am very pleased that you felt comfortable during staying with us and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Normally staying at Airport Hotels is a basic Experience, but here the staff were friendly & efficent

They were able to loan me a phone charger, as I had forgotten mine

The rooms were bright and airy.

Food was excellent.

Dear lesdolan,

thank you so much for your positive evaluation and for sharing your impressions on tripadvisor.
It is always very good to know that we were able to meet all your needs and desires and that you will keep your stay at the Sheraton Duesseldorf Airport Hotel in positive memory.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

The hotel is of course very conveniently located right in front of the airport on top of one of the parking garages. The beds are comfortable and just like some of the other reviewers I was amazed how quiet it is! The personnel especially in the restaurant is top notch.
Only Con: You charge VERY HIGH prices for the prime location - you should definitely consider to spring for some free WiFi for your guests who probably just want to check some emails or call home before boarding their planes!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Julisch, Direktionsassistentin at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear Trillian82,

we are pleased of having you as our guest in April 2012 and we thank you for taking time to write your comment on tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you felt comfortable here and you spend a pleasant and above all peaceful night in our hotel.
Concerning the mentioned internet charges we offer free internet access in our Link@Sheraton Lounge in our Lobby. It is directly next to our bar "on chocks" so you actually would have the possibility to order hot or cold beverages and for example check your mails. Next time you stay at any Sheraton hotel all over the world please do not hesitate and ask our front desk employees, they will give you immediatly support.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed here one night to go to music event at the ISS Dome (beware! If your beloved band is playing somewhere else go there and avoid the ISS - it has a mile of echo, horrible acoustics, and the bunker-like concrete structure carries NO=ZERO bass) with a flight out of DUS the following morning.

Now, you might not consider a guy who attends a metal event a credible source of discussing tranquility of hotel rooms, but make no mistake, everything has its time: bass drums have been invented to generate powerful sensations in your abdomen, ACs, however, have an entirely different purpose and their designers are totally wrong if they consider it okay for people to get the cool air they so desire along with nerve racking noise, the same rule applies for hotel rooms: designed for sleeping (hence the bed that typically occupies most of the space provided) not for sitting in bed being annoyed by whatever activities hotel staff, next door hotel patrons, or the airport around you might be being up to.

Now, the Sheraton rooms are very well done to do just that, allow you a sleep in the quiet. While the bed and room interiors are good standard European Sheraton stock, the rooms circle around an inner courtyard, which is absolutely quiet and a beautifully refreshing sight of natural green. I even opened the balcony doors for fresh air and might have been able to keep them open during the night. The walls appeared to be sound proved - didn't hear anything from the neighbors - and - a welcome special compared to other Sheraton airport locations - there is a second door separating the bathroom / entry area from the bedroom; therefore two doors between you and the vacuum - Hurray!

Thus, I slept really well, aided by enough pillows of just the right filling - not the inflexible foam deals that make your neck bend - and thanks to long sized comforters (instead of the dreadful British/American sheet and blanket deals that nobody not born into them and having there feet twisted of by them from early childhood will ever get used to. Modernism abandoned the bandaging of Asian girls's feet during the beginning of the last century - I do hope that sheets fixed under mattresses will be considered a relic of an inhospitable and torturous past very soon!)

A few other positives: really nice raindance overhead shower that could also be used as a hand shower with massage jets, Corby press in the closet, proximity to airport terminal.

Not so positives: as usual they nickel and dime you for everything - Internet 16€ - breakfast not included - thank you Lufthansa: really nice breakfast buffet at your lounge - and the front desk staff should learn not to grin or look confused too obviously if they deal with people who aren't looking like the pret a porter prototype German business man - xenophobia, intollerance?

Yet, for an airport hotel this might be the best product in terms of what I look for when travelling alone: close walking distance from terminal, very quiet, very clean, nicely and functionally designed hotel room for an uninterrupted good night's sleep.

Room Tip: request a room facing to the inside courtyard
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Finke
Julisch, Direktionsassistentin at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Finke,

thank you very much for choosing the Sheraton Duesselorf Airport Hotel and for sharing your experiences on tripadvisor.de.
You've taken your time in order to summarize your impressions in detail and to give the reader a good insight - I think this is great and I am delighted that you've felt comfortable during staying with us.
I am delighted that we could meet all your needs and the requirements you have for an airport hotel. Therewith we could create a positive memory of your trip and that is exactly what Sheraton is supposed to do - we create moments and memories!

Dear Finke, I will forward your comments to our employees to make sure your next stay will be just as warm and comforting as your last one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Duesseldorf!

Kind regards,

Executive Assistant

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here when having to spend 4 days at a show at the Messe in Dusseldorf. The rooms are a bit on the small side but have great beds and all the amenities. Having a shuttle bus downstairs for the to and fro to the show is a big plus. I never went into town because the time difference between Europe and USA, by the time I left the show I had to start working with my office via computer in the States. I did not use hotel restaurant, instead I grabbed food across the street in the airport terminal where they have lots choices.
It's not a hotel to stay at if you want to get the feel of the city or old town but from a business functional point of view it works just fine.

Room Tip: I think if you take a room with two beds, they are larger than the single rooms with either double o...
1  Thank CGW52
Julisch, Direktionsassistentin at Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear CGW52,

first of all I would like to send grettings from Duesseldorf to New Jersey and I would like to thank you for taking time to evaluate the Sheraton Duesseldorf Airport Hotel.
As you mentioned, we are an airport hotel, which specializes in both business and leisure travelers and their needs. But even if we are directly at the airport, we are always trying to let our guests remove the stress and strains of everyday life a little.
You mentioned the airport arcades, which are a perfect alternative and you have the possibility to walk arround and go shopping every day.

Dear CGW52, we would be happy to welcome you as our guest again and also our employees from the restaurant would be delighted to get to know you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times in the last year to attend trade fairs. Very convenient as my flight usually lands quite late. The room is clean & comfortable, breakfast is good & the transport network excellent.
Previously I have stayed in the city centre hotels but now the Sheraton Dussseldorf airport is my hotel of choice.

1  Thank ClaireandJohn

Dear ClaireandJohn,

thank you very much for such nice words and we feel very delighted by our comment "Sheraton Duesseldorf Airport is my hotel of choice"!
Undeniably certainly is the perfect location with direct access to the terminals, so if you arrive late or have a flight the next day very early an overnight stay at the Sheraton offers you a hassle free trip.

Thanks again for your good evaluation and hopefully we will see you soon!