“Watch out for the double beds!!”

Leonardo Royal Hotel Dusseldorf Konigsallee
Ranked #25 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a nice hotel, great location, if you get a room with two beds (double beds like we are used to in the US) be ready to find 2 single beds and a small room. The beds had a fitted sheet but no cover sheet, European style I suppose.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I liked my stay @ the Holiday Inn Dusseldorf City Centre Konigsallee. Typical Holiday Inn décor, decent sized rooms and courteous staff. The price was on average for the city and the hotel is nicely located. Would go back again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Room was nice but we could hear noise of a fan in the backyard of the hotel. Quite a nuisance at night. The staff at the front office is knowledgable and friendly. The breakfast can be best described as average. The location is of course unbeatable if you would like to go shopping on the Kö.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked this hotel for the location- which truly was excellent, you can be at the shops in Konigsallee within minutes and walk to Altstadt or the riverside or the harbour in 10-15 minutes.
However, the rest of the hotel was quite basic- the room was standard but there was no tea or coffee kettle which I found very frustrating. Internet was charged for (and quite expensive).
I used the swimming pool a few times- it was very small and basic- in a small room with a low ceiling, no railing or parapet on 3 sides of the pool. Not really a pleasant place for a swim.
Breakfast was quite good, with a wide variety of hot and cold options.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank revti13
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had a perfectly adequate stay here on a recent trip to Dusseldorf. The hotel didn't look inviting from the outside, but the rooms were a pleasant surprise. Clean, functional and modern. It's well located - across the road is the Konigsalee with it's upmarket shops and just down the road is the charming old city.

I agree with the other reviews that the Wifi is a problem and that breakfast is very good.

1  Thank dekockn
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel is smack in the middle of the wobbly belly of Holiday Inns.
I liked:
I didn't like:
- the service
- the poor amenities
- I didn't get an upgrade as a platinum ambassador

The room was average. The amenities in the room were poor. For example there was no kettle.
I wanted to ask for one and since the phone was not working I had to get downstairs for that.
The reception guy said it would be charged on my room.
I said, I'm sorry what???
So he looked up my profile again and saw i was a platinum ambassador on priority club and said, "oh it will be free for you".
He said he would find one and bring it. He did. But he didn't bring any tea, sugar, spoon, anything to make tea...
I had honey with me so i made some kind of hot drink with honey on the first day.
Then on the morning after I tried making more but it made the fuses go off. I went to work and when i came back it was on again.
I tried the kettle again and fuses went off again. So i called the reception and got a can of hot water because there was no more kettles.
The day after I called the reception (the phone was working this time). They brought me a kettle and a bill.
I said "no way you can keep your kettle, I am not paying for something that's available even in the cheapest remote places of India. I feel like I am camping here."
The guy went to see his management and came back with a free kettle, a mug and a steering stick... but no tea. I didn't ask, I was done with that.
Apparently the internet is indeed outstandingly expensive but since I am a platinum ambassador I get to have it for free.

Another thing that annoys me a lot is when the cleaning service makes you understand that they came to your room and change everything you obviously did purposely, like hanging your towel to reuse it or change the shower configuration so you have to put it back to your liking every time you shower. To me a good cleaning service is effective and discreet, not lazy and intrusive.

Room Tip: The avenue is quite busy so you might want to get a room with a view not on the street if you want q...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Dusseldorf Konigsallee, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear marcool,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Ambassador Member and taking the time to write a review of our property. I am delighted to know that our location worked good enough for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the service you received from our staff and if some amenities did not work during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 15, 2012

A great weekend in a brilliant hotel. From the prompt response to our reservation queries to the friendly and informative check in, the hotel was faultless. A welcome drink with information on the City, a lovely clean and comfortable room, free car parking and access to the sauna, jacuzzi was all part of the excellent weekend package. Breakfast had a superb selection to choose from with friendly staff in attendance. The hotel is a couple of minutes from the train station, literally turn right at the hotel entrance and it is a five minute walk past the taxi stand to the tube station which is just a few stops into the city centre.
Definitely recommend this hotel for a weekend break and hope that they put on some more great specials deals so we can go back soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple