I have long been a fan of Hyatt Hotels and this one does nothing to sway me from that opinion. Having booked my room through the British Airways website, bundled with my flight, the room rate was excellent value and *much* cheaper than my fellow conference delegates had paid on their 'preferential' rates. Location wise, it is slightly out of the way from Duesseldorf's old centre, but then one can't have it all. As it is, it's in the trendy Medium Haben district and located right on the banks of the Rhine, which is probably lovely when it's not grey and wet. As you would expect from a Hyatt in Germany, service is fast (except when ordering food in the DOX bar) and efficient, if somewhat cold. I loved the cool and modern-but-comfortable decor of my room and the wetroom-style bathroom, all feeling very luxurious.
- I believe drinking water is a human right and object to hotels charging heavily for bottled water provided. Hyatt fails in that regard.
- Internet access is essential and while I balk at having to pay €18/day, access was very fast and unlimited once paid for.
- The choice of television channels English-speaking guests is diabolical (only BBC World, CNBC, Bloomberg). There are on-demand movies (incl. a LOT of blue films), but charging €15 for 5+ year old films is a joke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf, an elegant hotel for business and leisure travellers located directly at the Media Harbour in Dusseldorf. The hotel was opened December 2010 and is located in a 19-storey building at the tip of a peninsula directly on the Rhine with a stunning view of the Media Harbour, Old Town, the Rhine Tower and the skyline of Dusseldorf. The hotel offers 303 rooms and suites with a contemporary, elegant design, complemented by a comfortable setting. Dining facilities include DOX restaurant with classic regional cuisine, the self-service restaurant Cafe D as well as DOX Bar and Lounge with a wide range of beverages, classical snacks and local dishes. The Pebble's Terrace catches the eye with a stunning view of the Media Harbour. Flexible meeting spaces with floor-to-ceiling-windows and a total area of 850 sq m are ideal for business meetings, seminars and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Priceline, Agoda, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf Hotel