“Great Hotel!”

Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf
Ranked #4 of 241 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I would recommend this hotel any day!

- Great service
- Great room
- Awesome Breakfast!
- Relaxing Spa
- International, most languages spoken by staff

The Dox Restaurant and bar in the hotel is excellent for a night cap or excellent tasty lunch. Service from the hotel is prompt and efficient and on top of that still friendly.

Get a room with a view, it is well worth it. The hotel is within walking distance to most activities in Düsseldorf. The concierge desk is well versed in the opening times of hotels and what to do on which day if you want to go site seeing.

The only down side is that our room was a bit on the hot side even after turning down the thermostat, however within reporting it to the concierge an engineer was sent up and within 1 hour we had a more temperate setting in our room after they fixed the faulty duct.

The hotel takes being eco friendly and green seriously as can be seen with the various techniques used in the room.

I would make this my Hotel in Düsseldorf any day!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view from the 7th floor and up. You get a spectacular view of the Rhein River.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a quick weekend trip to Dusseldorf and was quite impressed. We had a room in one of the lower price categories and it was still quite nice. Small, but nicely appointed. The hotel itself is very modern and elegant. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here a week for business. Had a rough red-eye flight in. From the second I arrived at the hotel, I was treated exceptionally - from the valet to the front desk, restaurant, bar, and lounge. English was spoken fluently by everyone I encountered. Regular rooms were sold out so I stayed in a 'club' room on the 17th floor. Ate a sumptuous breakfast every day in the 18th floor lounge. Again, the staff was just exceptional. Being so used to the 'Marriott' self-service model (gold level with that chain), I had to relax a bit and let the Hyatt staff remind me what real service is. The room was great. High-end style, free Internet, HD TV and radio, iron and ironing board, multi-plug outlets, mini-bar and complimentary bottled water and apples. The pillows and comforter were high thread count, clean and crisp everyday. The bed was comfy. The space was adequate and the view of the city and harbor were nice. The location is right across from the harbor area. Just a 2 minute walk to Starbucks and a cash machine (I'm a Starbucks junkie). Ate at a cool Mongolian stir-fry restaurant (you select ingredients and sauce, they cook for you) just across the bridge from the hotel. Had lots of fun with a large party. Another night, ate at a high-end fish restaurant on the harbor in a Frank Geary-designed building. Think we saw a few fashion models eating that night and the bar scene was really picking up when we had to head off for sleep. Anyway, lots of restaurants in walking distance from the hotel. All-in-all, great hotel and great value at my company's negotiated rates. However, the rack rates are a bit pricey even for such a nice experience.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We spent 3 nights in this hotel,
My opinion that hotel is really good, but please pay attention that staff is bellow avarage.
It looks that hotel has a lot of guest and staff has no time to provide neccesary information for guests.
I asked staff to organize for us small breakfest, because we have to start at 4 a.m..They promised but we did not get nothing.

Room Tip: Please use rooms to the east positions, better view, Also I suggest to order rooms starting from 16...
2  Thank Valdas M
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Hyatt Regency in Duesseldorf is in a trendy neighborhood close to the old harbor.
The Hotel is modern and well managed.

The staff was accommodating and went out of their way to assist (at least for the most part)

My room was well equipped. It was easy to work in the room. I enjoyed the HD TV. The lightning system was excellent.

You have to walk across the bridge and for another 2 blocks to get access to a public bus. Taxis were available but of course more expensive.

I enjoyed the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. It was however strange you needed to climb stairs to get there from the locker rooms.

The gym was small and only had a very limited variety of work out equipment.

I had been traveling for almost 2 1/2 months and worked all day on the computer. I called the front desk around 9.30 pm and was told the restaurant will close at 10pm.

I was hungry and was looking forward to a dinner. I decided to stay at the hotel instead of getting dressed and order a taxi to get to another restaurant.

I hurt my feed when walking around a trade show in London the days before and was wearing Birkenstock sandals, long jeans and an top brand white shirt.

I was at the restaurant at 9.40pm and refused entry due to a dress code. The manager was unable to show me their dress code policy I was asked to eat in the noisy bar instead, or order room service.

I mentioned I was a Diamond member with Hyatt and and stayed at Hyatt hotels around the globe for the last 2 months. I also mentioned I did not want to change, and would prefer to eat in the almost empty restaurant.

The manager refused and asked me to leave. All of this happened with my colleague standing next to me. I was upset and complaint to the front desk without a solution.

I got dressed and spent 30.00 EURO on taxi rides to have some french fries and hamburger in the city. After all the restaurant is in a hotel, and the only restaurant in that hotel. My opinion: Guests should have been accommodated without hesitation.

I was happy with the rest of my stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank eTurboNews
Reviewed November 2, 2012

A really nice hotel with friendly staff. The rooms were of a very high standard with beautiful views (especially by night) over the River. I didn't personally have breakfast but my colleagues assure me of it's quality

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jaci W
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Excellent Hotel if you are travelling with your beloved dog. The Hyatt Regency Hotel in Düsseldorf caters for every wish your animal may have. They supply you with a luxurious doggy bed in camel leather, food and water bowls with Evian water and a lovely doggy pate especially made for the
Hyatt Regency Hotel. They even offer a doggy babysitter who will look after your pet while you are at the theatre or sightseeing. They take him or her for their regular walks. What was so wonderful was the personal letter they write to your dog on your arrival.
Thumbs up to this great hotel and service!

Room Tip: King-size bed with a view of the harbour and the old town. The rooms are spacious and luxuriously fu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Celeste F
HRDUSSE, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Celeste F,

thank you very much for your great Feedback regarding your recent visit at Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us so much, and your dog our V.I.D. (Very Important Dog) Service!

Since we implemented this service we received nothing but positive reactions on it, as for most of our guests their dog is a full family member, and they wish them to receive just the same excellent service, they can expect from a 5* hotel.

So just feel always more than welcome to us, and it would be a pleasure having you with us soon again.

With best regards,