“Excellent steak in Dusseldorf”

The Classic Western Steakhouse
Ranked #31 of 1,814 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent steak in Dusseldorf”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A fine selection of steaks plus a wine list with some decent value on it . Certainly recommend for new visitors to Dusseldorf, as it's a place I use with client on a regular basis

• Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Wuppertal, Germany
“High quality steakhouse, expensive but you get only the best quality”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner on a very busy Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. One gets presented with the different cuts of meat before being bought the menu.

I had a New York strip and it was fantastic, perfectly prepared accompanied with a great bottle of wine. All the other people in my party seemed to have similarly fantastic steaks.

Price was high admittedly but I accept the price to pay for quality which was the case. Service as mentioned by other reviewers here was adequate and didn't notice it to be below par. Atmosphere was wonderful, very vibrant with a lot of character.

I would well recommend the valet parking which is only 6€, parking can be a nightmare where the restaurant is located. We got lucky and found a free spot nearby however I am sure this would not be the case on every occasion!

Well recommended place when you're looking to give yourself a treat!

Dusseldorf, Germany
“worst service ever”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Like some other reviewers, we were astonished by the service.
After sitting we were offered to order an apperitif but asked for the wine list instead.
The waitress asked my wife what wine she wanted (holding the list in her hand), my wife said she wanted some red wine but would like to know what there was. The waitress asked her: "How much do you want to spend?". My wife insisted to have a look at the wine list which the waitress accepted reluctantly. We chose a US wine (€39!!!) which was probably the cheapest on their list. The waitress said she doubted they had it and proposed instead a Chilean wine. I insisted upon our first choice and off she went. She came back saying: "You´re a lucky man!".
Then we ordered with one waiter. 10 minutes later the waitress came back asking us what we had ordered. 10 minutes later another waiter asked us what we would like to order.
Meat was brought. I have to say it was excellent.
Asked for the bill. Left bank notes which were taken away. The change of €8.50 was never brought back as if it was assumed we were leaving it for a tip!!!
Worst service ever!!!
Outrageously expense wines.
Will never go back there.

• Visited September 2012
7 Thank Txakurra
Seattle, Washington
“Very expensive - at least 50€ per person”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My wife and I went there for her birthday. We had no problem getting a reservation for a Friday night, when I called the same day, about an hour before I wanted the table (6pm). As everyone has mentioned, it is very expensive, and everything is a la carte. But coming from NYC, we were used to this (think Peter Lugers), so no problem there. I was a little surprised at the size of the side dishes, considering they were 10€ a piece. I ordered the cowboy steak (bone-in ribeye) medium rare. It came out practically raw. Once I sent it back and had it better prepared, it was delicious. It's a decent steakhouse, but I've definitely had better for that kind of money. Our German isn't good, but no problem, as everyone spoke decent English.

• Visited February 2012
Earth, Texas
“Comme ci comme ça”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This restaurant left me puzzeld. One the positive side I have to admit that the steak quality is quiet high for a German restaurant. On the negative side I would like to point out that the prices are steep (even if you are on an expense account) and the service is a joke. The chairs are damned uncomfortable and the tables are smallish. Been there, done that but wil almost certainly not return.

• Visited November 2011