“Disaster”
Review of emmafisch

emmafisch
Ranked #1,162 of 1,805 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chaweng, Thailand
“Disaster”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Don't make the effort to come here. We have made a reservation for Gambas with a voucher a week ago, came here and they just said "oh sorry we don't have any left for today." Second try, second reservation, giving my cellphone in any case!!!! Came back here the waitress took our order, BUT they couldn't make any cocktails !!! Or Alt beer and after 30min nobody came to take our order. Asking kindly for a waiter we receive only " you have to wait"
At the end he only gave us the same excuse WE DON'T HAVE ANY GAMBAS TODAY. After asking for the restaurant manager, the waiter response that the shift leader is not able to see us/talk to us because he is having his free day at the restaurant!!! 20 min later he was messing in the kitchen preparing food for his friends that they were there!
Honestly now.... Is that how you are running a restaurant?
The waiter try to make a deal, offering us something else to eat after a looooooooong discussion, giving us the feeling that he is making us a favour.

It's just pathetic and a shame to call them selves Gastronomes or this place a restaurant.

Stay away from this place. You will get bad service, horrible treatment from the management, waste your time and get a portion of food that looks like you got it from the last imbiss of the city.

Monchengladbach, Germany
“good fish!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

good fish, quite easy going place but the quality was really good!! also the quantity was satisfactory!!

we went there because of a coupon I had with a friend of mine. The service has been really good and the price affordable.

• Visited October 2012
Gambrills, Maryland
“Fantastic food and service !”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

A local took me to Emmafisch last week. The flounder was the best I ever had ( I even went back 2 days later and ordered it again ). The waiter couldn't have been nicer. Excellent !

• Visited November 2012
Düsseldorf
“Good service, bad food”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

My boyfriend bought a Groupon 3-Gänge-Menu and we had quite an experience. The atmosphere is great, they really have a nice location and decoration. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful, but... food wasn't exact what I expected from a fish restaurant. The entry was ok, a little bit of everything they serve, but the main dish... oh god. Both fish were totally unsalted, no spices at all! Just prepared in butter, the easiest way to prepare a fish. And it wasn't even well cooked :(. I ordered lotte and my boyfried ordered hallibut. We were both kind of disappointed.
At least the dessert was better. A creme brulee with no raw-yolk in it (I asked!). I still could feel the egg-taste, but it was quite delicious.

For the price (32 euros), I don't think I'd it again. Once was enough.

• Visited February 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

When visiting Dusseldorf, a lunch or dinner at Emmafisch is worth your while! Excellent fish!

• Visited October 2011