“Basic but everything you need”

A&O Duesseldorf Hauptbahnhof
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed in a double room w/ en-suite and found it to be very clean and tidy. The Bathroom had modern fittings with pump action bodywash and handwash. Linen and towels were high quality and clean. The shower - was possible the best shower ever.

The Hostel facilities were great, 24 hr reception and bar. Coffee machine providing the morning required caffeine. Plenty of seating for lazy afternoons with very cheap beers.

Location was good. Short walk to Old Town and attractions and easy walk to train station.

A&O in Dusseldorf, was a very good hostel and we would happily recommend it for people wanting basic accom that is clean and tidy.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 21, 2011

clean,good locaton,they need a bartender at the time of the fair,good brekfast,recommend it

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I advise anybody to avoid this HOSTEL because of the staff!!! They are very very RUDE! I tried to write my review with all my dissapointments but there are to much words and the box here is too small.The ideea is the staff were very rude, like they are working for NASA or FBI or I don't know.I asked on arrival(14:40) if we can check in and the answer was NO. It was shown checkin TIME 15:00 and "We'll do our best to checkingin you earlier" At 15:00 there was a big queue and we checked in at 16:00.
Evererything we asked we received the same answer NO, No internet service, no, you cannot use this or that, so on, so force...
In rest, the location is good, Dusseldorf is not a big city so the location could not be a problem, the room is big and clean.
Unfortunately our impression were very very bad because of the staff...I repeat myself...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mihai1
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Nothing fancy or neat but just a very basic hotel in average condition. Rooms were quite clean and linen was included (unlike in A&O in Köln). Staff was nice but not efficient - I had to wait for a good while when one customer was being served by one member of staff, and two other staff members were doing some other maintenance type of stuff instead (that could've waited). There's a pool table and table football in the lobby bar but you need to pay for them, as well as the Internet (both wireless and when using their computers). Oh, and the checkout is at 10am unless you pay extra...

Location is quite nice, it's not far from Altstadt and main railway station. We did not have problems with noise or anything, but I suppose it wasn't a really busy weekend. I believe I could stay here again, but the odds are about the same as every other hotel in the town.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We are a family of four with teenagers. We arrived late and left early. It was ok for our needs and fairly close to the train station.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed for one night as a late change to our travel plans. It's a combination hotel and hostel (my 10-yr old pronounced it "hostile" when he saw the sign and it turned out to be somewhat prophetic) and we stayed in the hotel part.

It's certainly not cheap for what you get and there was some confusion over our booking. Although the staff are nice enough, the (family) room was very small - double bed for us and bunk beds for the kids) with nowhere to hang stuff if you were staying a while. Walls were paper thin and we were kept awake all night by the party in the room next door. Although we went and complained it made no difference. Very warm and too bright because the curtains are so thin they might as well not be there.

Surroundings are at best functional. Breakfast ok.

Might be ok for backpackers but not for couples or families.

We left in the morning more tired than when we arrived.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stayed in this hotel during my visit to Dusseldorf for attending a Messe. I paid Euro 60 per night for a single occupancy room and my stay was for 5 nights. The price I paid is very high, and you can get better deals during non-fair days.

I had to wait 2 hours for getting a room. Although the hotel has confirmed beforehand that check-in is at 3 p.m. I arrived at noon and got the room at 2.

Everything else was great. Room was very clean. Breakfast was excellent for Euro 4 only. The location is spectacular with a convenience store, McDonalds, many pubs and restaurants within walking distance. The closest underground station is a good 15minutes walk, contrary to what the hotel website states. The lobby bar is also good.

I was given a room facing the road. Road noise is a bother with noise coming in unto 11p.m. The window had to be kept open as it was 30 Deg C and the hotel does not have A/C or fans in rooms. The beds are comfortable and you also get CNN in English on TV.

The wifi at Euro 8 for a whole week is cheap and has excellent speed.

Room Tip: Avoid road facing rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business