“Delicious mexican food”

Neighborhood: Friedrichstadt
Kalymnos, Greece
“Delicious mexican food”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I used to visit this restaurant because of its great food and friendly service.My favourite dish was chili con carne.

• Visited October 2011

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
stratford upon avon
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I will be the first to admit I am no expert on Mexican food(my friend dining with me is) but I am fussy about fresh food and was not disappointed by Bandido.
The owner Britt Ekland ( well...it isn't really her but she looks like her !) could not be more helpful and the staff are smiling and efficient.
They have a genuine Mexican chef and they spiced up the food at our request to a perfect level.
It's a busy place,popular with locals and I recommend a try, the steaks look amazing by the way.
We had the sharing platter which was huge!
All in all a positive.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jenben71
Brussels, Belgium
“Huge mistakes”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Really nice atmosphere. We were warmly welcomed and the service was friendly the whole evening. Unfortunately not really professional: we ordered some softdrinks to be brought before the wine but we received the wine first. We ordered 2 starters before the main course and we received the main courses before the starters. No apologise offered. The food was ok but not really tasteful. I do not know if we will come back again. We paid 125 € for two starters, 4 main courses, 4 soft drinks and 1 bottle of wine. The price could be ok when these big mistakes had not happened.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Naro1982
Zaventem, Belgium
“Loved the fajita !”
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I came to this place after reading the good reviews on trip advisor and it was really worth it. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The mojito was great, but with lot's of alcohol. My friend ate the combi plate and I went for the fajita venduras. We both loved our food, it was perfect. Just a little bit too much for us.
This restaurant is a very popular place, it's probably best to reserve when you're with a group.
1 con: menu's only in german.
Conclusion: great food, not expensive, I would certainly com back / recommend it!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican food!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I actually read the reviews of this place after I had been there and I was surprised by some of them. The service was excellent, the margarita strong and not too sweet, and the fajitas were among the best I've had anywhere in Mexico or the American southwest. I found the chips and salsa a bit different than in North and Central America...in a good way. And a nice appetizer sized quantity so you weren't full by the time the meal arrived. And it's a good thing! The portion was huge. Sizzling Nebraska beef grilled medium rare and very tender...unlike a lot of Mexican beef. Seasoned perfectly and with the right amount of lime and a hint of garlic. In additon there were grilled onions, sweet and jalapeno peppers, tomatoes and portabellö mushrooms (unusual but a welcome addition)....but mostly it was the juicy beef! On the side, plenty of fresh flour tortillas (no need to ask for more like at most places), pico de gallo, but in a thicker consistency that I am used to--preferred!--sour cream, a wedge of cheese and homemade chunky guacamole. I hadn't eaten dinner the night before so I was starved. It was my first food in over 24 hours...and still I couldn't eat it all!

Regarding the time wating for your check. I find that this is the norm, rather than the exception in Germany. My German friends told me it is considered rude for a restauranteur to present the check right away after your meal. That is strictly an American thing. If you ask, they are happy to bring it to you whenever you are ready.

I sat outside on the patio which I recommend if the weather cooperates. Oh, and my server brought me an English menu when he realized I wasn't a native German speaker. (Easy to tell!) I will definitely go back before I leave Dusseldorf in a few weeks.

I don't think this a restaurant for children...not sure why, just the vibe I got. It's not ChiChi's--which is fine with me!

• Visited June 2012