“great place”

Ranked #73 of 237 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Miami Beach, Florida
“great place”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Just spent one night between flight, but I would have liked to stay longer. Excellent bed and breakfast in the middle of Altstadt, the historic district. Walking distance from bars and restaurants and from the Rhine River. The metro station is right there if you want to go everywhere else. Very nice, clean and absolutely inexpensive. The price includes a huge breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Marziaforever

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Finnish first
Swansea
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have just returned from a weekend in Düsseldorf and have nothing but praise for Hotel Barcelona. It is situated in the centre of Düsseldorf in the Alstadt (old town) which makes it convenient for all amenities and bars and also very close to the subway.
The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful and served with a smile! Great little hotel, great location and at a great price! We will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bernie1Swansea
West Yorkshire
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just stayed here for my husbands birthday weekend. Its perfect for being right in the middle of Dusseldorf alstaad (old town). Didn't have breakfast as we preferred to sleep in late after sampling the local beers. Great little hotel for those on a budget, clean, friendly and right in the middle of all the bar areas :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank saratonk
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This rental apartment was a very pleasant surprise. The location is great. It is very close to the subway which makes transportation to the train and the airport very easy. It is located in the Alstadt which makes it a very easy walk to the Rhine River, the main entertainment areas, and the Konigsalee. Though it is in an older building, the apartment was sparkling clean and very comfortable. You couldn't beak the price, plus it came with breakfast which was very nice. If I go back to Dusseldorf I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KarenWalton
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I can't rate this hotel more highly.
Firstly, I arrived quite late and had to be given keys by the bar staff in the Irish bar below. I was a bit nervous about this, but that was just me being an old fogey before my time. The lovely young Gino helped me carry my suitcases upstiars...with all the chivalry of a gentleman from days gone by. Later that night when the internet crashed, he amicably gave me a juice & an access code for another connection (mum's the word!). Now this is a young man going places; it's all about PR!
Later, my room was perfect. OK, so the mattresses weren't latex or memory foam, but by no means uncomfortable. The shower room wasn't perfect either, but these are trivialities that are more than compensated for by the wonderfully amicable disposition of the staff and the breakfast, whilst absent of hot food, easily one of the best I have seen in 25 years of travel. Imagine this: I was at Prowein wine fair and they had not 1, not 2, but no less than THREE different types of multivitiamins available for consumption at breakfast. Furthermore, a breakfast fit for Kings/Queens....various juices of high quality/my own pot of coffee/a variety of excellent cereals/yoghurts/breads/jams and wait for it...fresh salmon/fish/salads...wow...it makes me want to move in.
Well, before I wax too much lyrical, I would like to assure you that in all my years, I have never experienced a quality price ratio that compares with Barcelona B&B. I would like to clone this place ;-)
Aside from the breakfast & the people, I would like to give extra points for the gorgeous staircase & it's little bowl of chocolate bounty bars/mars bars/twix etc in the stairwell (i didn't have any but loved the sweet touch) and above all, the outstanding location and proximity to absolutely everything, especially public transport...which being German is quite a cut above the rest.
Thank you Barcelona B&B, you really made my stay here unforgettable and I really wish everyone could be as awesome as you are :-)))

Room Tip: If you want total silence, get a room off the street side. That said, I didn't really notice the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Mary O
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Well what can I say!!!! This hotel was 1 of the biggest surprise's I have ever had. I book this place as a b/b so wasn't expecting much but was going to the carnival and wanted to stay in the old town, I can only say it was like staying in an apartment, although it was over a pub and a bit loud that wasn't a problem for us as we were in the pub ourself. We had room 16 at the back of the building and up 2 flights of stairs "no lift" if was great. The breakfast was wonderful and was on till 10.30 witch suited us as we were late home at night. Everything is within walking distance. I can say no more except we already have it booked for next year. We were a group of 6, 3 couples 40 plus "not telling you the plus" there are 4 rooms in the building we were in, and we had 3 of them and everyroom was great. See you next year.

Room Tip: Room 16 at the back of the building
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple