“Good Hotel. Overpriced Breakfast.”
Review of Melia Duesseldorf

Melia Duesseldorf
Ranked #11 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed hear recently on a trip to the (excellent) Deutsche
Oper am Rhein. I could not fault the accommodation, the excellent service and the location, opposite the Hofgarten is as convenient as you could find in central Dusseldorf. Although good and plentiful, the buffet breakfast at 28 Euros is too expensive and takes the shine off the keen room rates offered by the hotel website at weekends. Would definitely recommend, leaving the choice of breakfast to the individual guest.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Morpeth

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Being first time in dusseldorf I'm not sure what to expect from this hotel
But the hotel turns out to be much better than I expected
I stay at their exec junior suite. It's spacious, elegant n view is nice
Staff also helpful n friendly. Concierge staff even help me put all my luggages to my rental car
At that time as far as I see most likely we're the only their Asian guest n their service is very good
Very recommended hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HeruJakarta
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Nice hotel near the old town and the train station. The beds, however, is very hard. It is softer to lie on the floor than on the beds. WiFi is very slow. Great big breakfast. Small but nice gym. The hotel is clean and tidy and the staff friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Melia Dusseldorf is a fine hotel. All the services and amenities are worthy.
But....My experience with the reservations and desk was nadir. My parent company recieved a discounted room rate for booking a large number of rooms. At every phase of communication with Melia staff, I reminded them of my inclusion in this discounted rate. From reservation to check in on day of arrival, I made this clear and was never questioned.
Yet, at time of check-out, they presented not only a full room charge, but they informed me I had stayed in a "premium" room; I was never informed of this involuntary upgrade.
The end result was a Euro 115 per night increase on the agreed upon rate.

I have handed the matter over to American Express to resolve.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
2  Thank Robert R
Schluechtermann, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Melia Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to read that you liked the hotel, as well as the services and amenities.
We hereby would like to apologize for the disagreement regarding your room rate.
We would very much like to follow up on this matter and would appreciate if you could get in contact with us.

With kind regards,

Lennart Schluechtermann
Guest Experience Manager - Melia Duesseldorf

Reviewed February 2, 2014

If you are looking for a value for money business stay then the Melia fits the bill. It is an uninspiring hotel with relatively small but functional rooms the bar and general ambience of the place is ok but nothing special. You may have to pay a little more but the Hilton, Intercontinental or if you don't mind the price the Hyatt are worth considering as an alternative.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chesterdoggerel
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Nothing spectacular. Room was small, no english TV other than financial channels, had to ask very nicely for a Nespresso Machine for my room. Then had to ask 3 times for coffee for the machine. Good sauna, good location, subway around the corner, pleasant staff, but all in all, just average. Hotel lacks personality.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Our family of 3 adults and one child stayed one night in mid Dec to visit the Christmas markets. The location was really handy for us: next to Hofgarten park with a good playground for our little one, quiet area, a 5-10 min walk through the park to the city centre (Christmas markets, brew houses and shopping). Room service was fast and the food was good. Staff were friendly and helpful - as one would expect. Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I paid extra for the wifi, but that was only slightly better than the free one. I love hotel breakfasts, but I couldn't bring myself to dish out €100 for the four of us to have breakfast. We took a short walk and found Bazaar Cafe on Heinrich-Heine-Allee - excellent!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family