1,085 results
All reviewshofgarten parkpillow menuold townpremium roomgreat hotellovely parkcity centremodern hotelminute walkspa areaquiet areaweekend breakwalk in showerwalking distancechecking outper dayenjoyed my stay
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel at short notice. I ended up having to go to Dusseldorf for the day and there was an 'event' on AND two football matches. Consequently everywhere was a little 'busy'. In any case, it was a clean room and the service was satisfactory.

It looked almost new and it was a little corporate for me.

Oh and the bed was great. I had a fantastic nights sleep!! :o)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I should start by saying that in 2011 paying 235 Euros per night for no free-wifi and no breakfast doesn't make any sense.

The room is brand new, well decorated and big so I cannot complain about it but having to pay for services that are free in Hotels that cost 3 times less seems like a joke to me.

I was there on a business trip and wouldn't mind going back if I was not to pay for it. However, if I was a tourist and I had to pay for it I would go somewhere, it's just not worth it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed in one of the premium guest rooms and had a great stay.

There are many positives to this hotel - they have a great buffer breakfast (only 10 euro if you are a MAS member, which is free to join), the room was very large and comfortable, their pillow menu is great, the room service is excellent, and there were beautiful views over the large park next to the hotel.

The location is perfect - close to the Altstadt, and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. We also hired some bikes from the hotel on one of the days - they are electric bikes, so they give you an extra push as you go, and there are excellent bike paths nearby and beautiful parks both close by and on the other side of the Rhine.

The staff at the hotel were also very nice. Although we spoke German to them most of the time, there were a few occasions where my wife needed to speak english to them and some of them had better english than others - but the meaning could always be conveyed.

There were only a few negatives. The air conditioner could not be set to be very cool so we were sometimes very hot in our room - luckily the windows could be opened and we could let cool air in that way (in fact it was fantastic having the windows open on a nice day overlooking the park). The internet did not work when we got there but it was very quickly solved. It would also be nice to have a bathrobe and a couple of extra towels when paying this price but it's not a big deal. It was made up for by the fact the bathroom was so nice (with a large tub to soak in).

If I am ever in Duesseldorf again I would happily stay at this hotel, it's good value for money and made for a very nice stay.

Room Tip: A room facing the park seems like a nicer option than one facing the city.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Miles4BG
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Traveling to Dusseldorf from eastern Europe is a long trip. Arriving to this hotel close to midnight and experience warm German hospitality in nicely designed hotel was a pleasant surprise!

Very nice staff, warm feeling across the hotel facilities, cozy room with attractive design, comfortable king size bed, inspiring scent of bathroom accessories, free WiFi yet aircon you can't turn off fully. Will surely come back when in Dusseldorf again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank RSvoboda
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Visited Dusseldorf for 2 nights to attend an exhibition at the Messe. Hotel is 10 mins from airport (EUR15 taxi) and a little nearer to Messe (Euro 10 taxi). Well located on edge of public gardens and 5 mins walk across to outskirts of old Dusseldorf town and Rhine. Hotel is bright, airy and modern - built 10/09. Entry-level room was decent size with great bathroom. No tea and coffee facilities. Well soundproofed, but some noise from passing trams at rear of hotel. Breakfast excellent (join the Melia loyalty club on arrival for 50% breakfast discount if not included in your tariff). Super front desk service. Overall very good and ideal for purpose - would definitely recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Next time we'd request a room at front of hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple