“awful experience”

Ranked #7 of 31 Dusseldorf B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“awful experience”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I arrived to check in at 10.45pm and was dropped outside by a taxi. The walk up to the hotel is down a side path which is unlit and I arrived to find that there was nobody at the hotel and the place was locked. I had to call a mobile number, and a guy explained that he was 'not supposed to be working' but he did come to let me in - after I had waited outside for an hour. The place is totally unmanned after 10pm and throughout the night, so no idea what happens if a guest is taken ill, or there is a fire. There was also a foul smell coming from the drains outside. My room was very nice and clean - but freezing. I did ask at reception for an extra cover for the following night, but never received one. The breakfast was very basic, to say the least, and I was unable to eat it, as I could see that the slices of cheese and ham were hard and curling at the edges. The boiled eggs on offer, were clearly not fresh that day. The elusive manager was never there, and could not have cared less that I was left to wait outside for an hour when I arrived. The location is very good, as it is so near the arena and airport, but with that comes the planes flying overhead, at all hours.I left a day early, as I hated it so much at this hotel. My honest opinion would be: only stay here, if you are desperate.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank helj18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Travelers also viewed these Dusseldorf hotels
Maritim Hotel Duesseldorf
Van der Valk Airporthotel Duesseldorf
Airport Fashion Hotel
Airport Fashion Hotel
#72 of 237 in Dusseldorf

Been to Messeschlaf? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Messeschlaf

Property: Messeschlaf
Address: Lohauser Dorfstr. 29a, 40474 Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Location: Germany > North Rhine-Westphalia > Dusseldorf
Ranked #7 of 31 B&Bs / Inns in Dusseldorf
Hotel Class:3 star — Messeschlaf 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Messeschlaf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.