“Good food, beer, but bad service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brauerei Schumacher

Brauerei Schumacher
Ranked #14 of 1,775 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Cuisines: German, Bar, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Stadt-Mitte
Seoul, South Korea
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, beer, but bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I've been here several times. I like the food and beer here, but don't like the service much.
I went there last Friday with my co-workers to have lunch. The server brought beer w/o asking and we refused,but ordered cokes instead. I think he didn't like that.
So, when he brought us the coke, he started pouring the coke from about 1meter high to the glass. It was very annoying, but he did it for 2 glasses and finally when he passed me, he spilt the coke all over me from my face. Even though he said he's sorry, but he joked like " you got a free coke!" and never really apologized.
I didn't want to cause any trouble in front of my guests, so I didn't do anything.(Also, I can't speak German...) But I was not surprised much, for I felt the service here was not so good whenever I was here. Don't expect good service here even though the food is good.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

• Turkish first
Salisbury, England
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice alt beer. The only brauerei not in the old town. Formal dining area or bar area with high tables and some benches/stools. Friendly staff.

Visited November 2013
omer israel
“very good traditional food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

very good place if you want to enjoy traditional german food. the restaurant is very large, but the service is OK. you cannot make reservation, but you have nice place to wait, while drinking beer.
the atmosphere is very good, to sum up a very good place to visit and meet the local people enjoying the good food of the restaurant.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Traditional German Food and Great Beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I ate here with 3 colleagues. We were after a traditional German meal and this did not disappoint.
Beer was served in small glasses that once emptied were replaced with full ones. The wider kept track by marking a beer mat.

I ate Pigs Nuckle with red cabbage and dumpling, it was excellent and very very filling. The restaurant was packed and we shared a table with a couple of other German guys who were very friendly.

All in all a fantastic experience, with great service. Highly recommended.

1 Thank DaltonMikeD
Europe
“Good, traditional German grub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We decided to step in when we saw how absolutely full this place was! The service was good from the first greetings, food was incredibly tasty and the portions were huge. We walked out feeling happy and full. We'd definitely return. Very authentic German restaurant.

• Visited October 2013