“Superb food, good value business lunch”
Review of Vini Divini

Vini Divini
Ranked #233 of 1,829 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Carlstadt
Oberursel (Taunus), Germany
“Superb food, good value business lunch”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I arrived on my own at lunchtime without a booking, because I was walking by and it looked a nice place. It was virtually full, but the kind and attentive staff seated me at a table for 8 that I shared with 5 others who didn't mind. The open courtyard is small, but charming and the bare brick walls inside make it cozy. The lunch menu was mouth-wateringly delicious and I ordered tagliatelle with sun-dried tomatoes and shrimp, which was simply excellent as well as ample. I wish I had had more time, also to explore the winelist and shop. I will certainly return when next in Düsseldorf. Don't be put off by the website, which isn't very good and has nothing about the excellent cuisine.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Calgary
“Great Choice”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

When you've had your fill of schnitzel and other heavy German dishes, Vini Divini is a great choice for an excellent meal. This is a small, cozy restaurant with a somewhat limited menu, but provides great value. We dropped in on a rainy Thursday evening looking for a lighter option. We both chose a white fish filet in a white wine sauce. It was excellent - moist and flavourful, and was served with a nice side dish of grilled vegetables. Great food at a very reasonable price with friendly service.

• Visited July 2014
Pune, India
“On my MUST DO list for my DUS trips for years already”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Vini Divini is one of my favourites which has been recommended to my by a close friend when I still lived in DUS. Now after many years I moved away from DUS it is still on my "must do" list for each of my regular trips to the city.
The main menu is simple and therefore the food is always fresh. Still there are several changes each time I go back there. Additionally they offer a lovely daily special menu hanging over their open kitchen, with a great choice of food to choose from.
Mrs. Bittner - the boss - is an excellent host and makes me feel so welcome each time already at entering the restaurant. Even it is full sometimes she always finds a table for us.
She also has a great choice of wines which she is also very proud of! :-)
highly recommended here!

• Visited June 2014
Burlington, Canada
“Great atmosphere, great food, great owner”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The concierge in our hotel recommended Vini Divini and it was everything he told us. It was a slow weeknight and the lady who owns the restaurant made us feel like old friends. We had such a pleasant conversation about the beginnings of the restaurant and she went out of her way to provide first class service. There were 4 of us dining and from the soups to the entrees and wine, all of us thought that everything was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to returning on our next trip to Dusseldorf.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jerry w
Perth, Australia
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If your looking for good Italian food, large portions, cosy atmosphere and reasonable cost don't go any further.

We had just off the plane from Perth Australia and wanted a fuss free casual night and this restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel where we were staying.

They were more than happy to mix and match dishes and explain the menu in detail.

• Visited May 2014