“only just average (at least for breakfast)”

Rosie's Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #68 of 1,959 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Cuisines: International, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Carlstadt
Description: A trendy bar & kitchen. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. You are also invited to come in for coffee or a drink. Good wines and cocktails!
Reviewed July 15, 2014

they don't open till 10 - not much use when you want to go site-seeing. Our scrambled eggs (Rühreig) were on a cold not all that clean plate, and the bread, one slice each, was barely toasted. As we were the only people for quite awhile I can't complain about the service.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Visited Rosie's twice over a weekend while staying in the neighborhood. It seems to attract a mainly local, walk-up crowd, which is usually a good sign.

Rosie's offers a good brunch, we went on a beautiful Sunday morning, people were already occupying tables on the sidewalk and in the restaurant before service started at 10 a.m. Many brunch items are German twists on breakfasts from other countries (eg the American breakfast, the Spanish breakfast). My son enjoyed the American with lots of bacon and three eggs, I shared a more traditional one with my wife (it was meant for two) with prosecco, different breads, cheeses and a salad. Service was what I would consider to be typically German -- efficient and pleasant enough, but not overly warm or chatty. We had two German speakers among us so they did most of the ordering.

I didn't find any meals in Germany to be inexpensive, but I would consider Rosie's to be good value.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Vast variety of different kind of beakfast platters on the menu. Reasonably priced and big portions. I had "Rosie's breakfast" which was excellent - scrambled eggs, tomato-pesto bread, fruit salad, croissant, green salad with fresh fruits, white bread, nutella/jam/butter... Did not leave me hungry!

Drinks had to be ordered separately.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Had an ok welcome, seated ourselves, had our drinks & mezze board in a timely manner...then downhill...wanted our main s but waited 30mins to get acknowledged...then waited a further 30... when the food came... Well....all I can say is the most under seasoned & under spiced Thai curry I've ever had..dine at own Risk!!!

1  Thank John D
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had brunch there on Sunday. This tastes like you open your fridge at home and serve your own food directly. Pre-prepared scrambled eggs, even already solidified in slices, soft industrial bread and bagels like they have been stored in a plastic bag, and the waiter just opened it.
And veeery long wait to get this.
Nice service but but cheap and bad food.
Avoid at all cost.