“excellent food and good atmosphere”
Review of Zum alten Markt

Zum alten Markt
Ranked #8 of 777 Restaurants in Dortmund
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

i went with a friend the waiter was really rood and unkind
but the atmosphere and the excellent food compensated for the lack of service.
i had the steak which was perfect.
prices were fair for the central location.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife is from Dortmund and we eat here every time we are in town. I have had numerous entrees in this restaurant and they have all been excellent. On a nice summer day it's a great place to stop for a pils and sit outside. In the winter the inside is warm, cozy, and inviting. I especially like the interior which seems to transport you back to an earlier era. I have travelled extensively in Germany, and this is my favorite restaurant. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had a disappointing meal. We had the pepperpot soup type dish. The beef was so tough that none of us could eat it. It just had a taste of pepper and there was no other flavour, contained no vegetables. Awful.
One of our party ordered the pork knuckle with sauerkraut and that was all dried up.

Needlless to say, we will not be going there again.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Really nice salad, quick service, English menu, great environment, will go back to try other dishes as well.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have eating a few time in the "Zum alten Markt" now and I enjoyed it every time. It might get quite busy and getting a table is a bit of a task. But it's definetly worth while.

1  Thank JohannaHaller