WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of l'Arrivee Hotel & Spa

l'Arrivee Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in Dortmund
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic spa, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel staff and facilities left a great impression. First of all, I did not even stay overnight, but needed to send my suitcase somewhere in Dortmund, where it would wait for me, while I was wandering around Bavaria on foot. I gave the courier service the hotel address, but was really worried that they would not accept the suitcase. I wasn't a guest that they were expecting, only somebody who wanted to try the spa, which I'd read about on the Internet before flying to Germany. I called them and explained: it was no problem at all. The hotel employees made me breathe easy. Then I arrived - tired and dusty. My suitcase was waiting for me. The spa people were very welcoming and I finally tried their hammam bathing ritual. It was my first time and I had no idea what to expect. The girl who performed it was very friendly, supportive, and professional. Turns out it's an amazing thing.
The facilities were beautiful and spotless. Both the sauna (three different ones) and the pool area were great. The whole spa area has a lot of light and ust outside, a rising slope of greenery, which creates a very relaxed and protected atmosphere.
The restaurant was also very good and the guest PCs (for those who travel without their laptops or smartphones) were not crammed into some rathole, like they are in many hotels. Overall, I think that this hotel wins both on quality and service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Antwerp
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, nice big rooms and a top spa with big pool and a very nice sauna.
Restaurant very good for diner and a good breakfast
The only thing I miss is a bit more atmosphere on the bar area this looks
a bit deserted .
The staff is very helpfully and friendly.
I do recommend to make a reservation in the restaurant as this seems to be a very popular place
and can be fully booked in the evening.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bond007Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late, but were welcomed warmly. Dinner was fantastic and the service was excellent. The chef has great imagination and great culinary skills. First class. Next time we're going to try the spa.

• Stayed February 2013
Tehran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Well I've stayed there for 4 days. The rooms have differences in area. My room was the little one but clean with very good facilities but had no refrigerator!The bar has good beers but it's low for this hotel. Pool and spa was great and clean I love that spot of the hotel.Food was not my favorite but beverage was fair. Try to reserve a room with balcony it's worth.
The location of the hotel you know it's in the forest and beautiful but forget to go shopping easy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Orry-la-Ville, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

this hotel seems to be new : the location is nice, restaurant if excellent with good service. rooms are well equiped with bath and shower. room is spacy but I have had one major inconvenient : i could hear clearly the TV from the room next to mine during the whole evening and early night : I had to put my hearplugs! Spa is nice and very clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Warsaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was there second time but it my first review on it.
It happens to me really rarely but I like the hotel. Located out of the Dortmunt city is very convenient for me visiting both Dortmund and Hagen, flying to Dusseldorf.
New, very clean - look on water taps, glaze tiles; modern, some technological news in the rooms, lighting systems, aircondition systems.
Small but cosy wellness, pool, saunas, gym. Small but pleasant restaurant.
Not perfect and well trained with service quality, young but pleasant and helpful stuff.
Lack of printer with computers for guest usage. Some issuses with WiFi within hotel.
Anyway honestly recommended and good price vs value offer. I put excellent rate not due to standard level - which is very good not excellent - but thanks to my feelings and atmosphere of the place.

Room Tip: During hot summer do not take last floor rooms. Summer was bad this year in Germany but unfortunatel...