$99
$89
  • Restaurant
$73
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

$142
$85
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$98
$93
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

NH Dortmund(Dortmund)
$48
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

All reviewscar park chargetram stationcity centrean italian restaurantroom was spotlessly cleanone nightcontinental breakfastchoose this hotelnice hotelper dayeasy accessbudget hotelbusiness tripsignal iduna parkihghixbarrier
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in April. The hotel is fairly modern and clean. It is located about 15 mins from town centre on the U bahn. The hotel can be seen from the station so no problems locating it.

We arrived at 10.30pm and were disappointed to find that they could not supply us with any food. This was not due to the time, they just dont serve food other than a bland continental breakfast. We went to the room and found 2 comfy beds but the thinnest pillows I have seen. I asked for more and was told they didnt have any. Not great from holiday inn. 2 night poor sleep followed.

All in all I think you will find better value closer to the city.

Room Tip: its a very quiet area and hotel in general so most rooms should be ok
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dortmund, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear paul0107,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. My apologies for the inconvenience you had with the service you received and the pillows. I truly appreciate your comments, since this is the most efficient way for us to constantly improve our services. We hope you give us the privilege to continue to serve you in the near future.

Karen C

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel had some good & bad points. When arriving we was greeted by very unhelpful & unfriendly night staff. Huffing & puffing about checking in & ‘Whatever’ was used more than once.
The bedroom & bathroom was clean & to a good standard, good value for money.
Once unpacked we went to the bar where the very unhelpful staff started again. I asked for a shandy, the staff asked what this was & I explained that it was larger & sprite. I was given a ½ a glass of larger & told to get the sprite from a vending machine from out of reception. There was no sprite in the vending machine as it did not stock it! I then went back to the bar where I got to the back of the line of other customers & waited in line again. After this the staff got a sprite from the bar. Lot of Hassel for 1 drink!
I did not like being charged 6 euro’s a night for park.
There was a strange thing where the rooms was cleaned to a very good standard but all drinking glasses & cups was left dirty in the room for the whole stay.
Breakfast was well done & lots of choice, day staff was very friendly & helpfull.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dortmund, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Colin G,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the unacceptable service you received from the staff. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is close to the airport however you need a car or cab.

For your evening meal they use a local takeaway who deliver food to the hotel this service was great.

The hotel charges for parking however you can park outside the hotel in a free carpark or on the street as it is situated in an industrial estate,

Local transport into the city is very close to the hotel.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DORWR, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dortmund, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback.

We highly appreciate your review and because of that we are concerned to improve our quality on a constant basis in order to increase our guest satisfaction.

Yours sincerely,

Ralf Birnstihl
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I booked two rooms for two nights through Booking.com. They requested a credit card number which was meant to be as guarantee only and not as pre-payment or deposit and this was written in the booking confirmation. We had the unpleasant surprise to find out that, despite the written confirmation "no prepayment, no deposit" our credit card was charged at the moment of the booking, some 10 days before arrival!
We contacted Booking.com and they explained that one of the employees of the hotel made a mistake with our reservation and took it for a "non refundable-prepaid" one. I wonder how these "mistakes" can happen in a world of automatized, computer-driven systems?
In the end, the hotel offered to refund the money on the credit card that was charged, which is only half a solution as then we would be compelled either to travel to Dortmund again and pay cash, or send a bank transfer.
I am sorry to have to say that I consider this hotel unreliable.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dortmund, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear valentina c,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience due to the issues regarding your reservation. However, I am glad that this matter was addressed in a timely manner. Your review will be used to improve our service and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here before, and always liked the rooms, the breakfast, and the good restaurant next door. However with the last stay I booked a "Room with internet", and prepaid for it. At check in I was told, that I still have to pay 15 EURO for the internet, because the cheaper prepaid rate does not include the internet charge. "Room with Internet" only means, that there is a connection... sorry, but that is deluding the customer

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dortmund, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Urs H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to read you like our rooms and breakfast. However, I apologize for the issues you encountered and internet policy you experienced which was less than satisfactory. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. Your comments have been documented and this allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Zelyn N