“Old brewery with a traditional beer garden.”
Review of Paeffgen

Paeffgen
Ranked #26 of 2,498 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: German, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt-Nord
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the sort of beer bar that I love in Germany. Good locally brewed beer and traditional German food.

Forget all the modern bars, thus is what Germany is about.

Only gripe is silly size beer glasses!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I love Paffgen, even if the servers are rude in many cases. The beer is the best in Cologne if not Germany, and the food is great. My favorite is the Hamchen! I always stay near the Friesenplatz so I can be within walking distance of Paffgen!

1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Paffgen is definitely worth a visit. The food is great and the kolsch is fresh. The services provided by some staff can be improved though. I made a booking through mytable.com but a staff member just told me to talk to the manager about my reservation and this staff member was not helpful to find my booking or give me a seat. Luckily another staff kindly brought me an English menu that helped me order food more easily.

Review collected in partnership with MyTable.com
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I love this place so much! German sausage, suerkraut, and grilled pork joint are awesome! I was so impressed with their food and great hospitality!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Don't travel to Cologne without visiting this brauhaus. We sat in the garden near the brewery entrance, ate great food and drank lovely beer, atmosphere good with older clientel than the Belgian quarter, and not touristy in any way. I tried and failed to finish the 3/4 metre Bratwurst, but polished off all the bratkartoflen.

1  Thank Rickfil