“Great food and beer”
Review of Frueh am Dom

Frueh am Dom
Ranked #30 of 2,385 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: German, Bar, European, Central European, Brew Pub
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Altstadt-Nord
Berkshire
“Great food and beer”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We called in here for an evening meal while waiting for a train connection - it is only a few minutes walk from the station. You have to be quick to get a seat - and know that people in Cologne automatically share tables if there are spare seats, so you may be joined by others. The Kolsch beer is really good (and you can buy cans in the station for your onward journey!). The service is excellent. The food is local and very tasty, my husband had a sausage dish and I had a herring one, as herrings were in season. Also had a small salad to start, which seems to be customary and is very good value. Just a shame we had to move on - or maybe just as well!

• Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Griffin, Georgia
“Awesome location!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Amazing location right by the cathedral and the beer here can't get much better. The friends we were visiting had me try the Mett and it wasn't quite for me, but still worth a try. My husband had the Schweinshaxe and loved it.

Visited July 2013
Wigan
“Excellent Beer House”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Used to come here for a few beers in the afternoon, good staff, good beer, good people what more do you need.

• Visited July 2013
Hull, Yorkshire
“Great food, great beer”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This place was very busy when we ate here 2 nights ago. Huge menu, enormous portions! The knuckle of pork my husband had was delicious. I had the bratwurst, which was really nice. Guaranteed you will not leave this place feeling hungry!
The beer was great. I don't usually even like beer, but decided to try it here and I'm so glad I did. It was lovely.
Great value for 2 starters, 2 mains, and 8 beers.....48 euro.
If you're in Cologne, you simply must go to this great place

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tina2603
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food, great beer...”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to Früh twice, we liked it so much. The first time we sat outside and had a great server. Not too many vegetarian options so I opted for the cheese platter-it was huge amount of delicious cheese (a better choice would have been just the cheese and bread starter item). My nine year old liked the kids' schnitzel (but he said it was too small). Both times we went around 6:30pm and it was pleasantly busy. We heard at times it gets very crowded.

• Visited June 2013