“5/5 for what it is”

Cuisines: Diner, German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Oma Kleinmann is not a fancy place to eat. But for Schnitzel a good place to get one. Service was fast and friendly. The location was not to take your girlfriend to the first, second or third date. Side dishes were good. But here the Schnitzel are what matter.

I like, how they offer both pork and veal Schnitzel. I had the one with capers and anchovies and it was big and good. The menu said, it was going to be served with home fries, sadly they just used irregular french fries...

1  Thank Alanisette

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Went here with a family of 3 adults. Even though we went on a wednesday the place was crowded. There was only 1 table left, which was a table you'd normally use to have a drink, they also gave us the option to wait for a normal table, but as we didn't mind the other table we took the last available seats.
Don't expect luxury, the place is quite dated and really crowded with people eating at the tables, and drinking beers at the bar. Also, beer is priced really great at only €1,50.
All of us ordered schnitzel, 1 wiener and 2 times the royal version (which is filled with camembert), furthermore we chose french fries. The portions were huge, the schnitzels were even bigger than the huge plates they were served on. Furthermore, they tasted awesome!
Great restaurant, would definitely visit this restaurant again when in Köln.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

When we first walked by this place me and my friend thought 'man this looks shabby!'. The next day we looked for a good restaurant on Tripadvisor and since the reviews were so good (and Tripadvisor is always right) we decided to give it a try. Best decision ever! The schnitzels are HUGE and excellent, the roasted potatoes were also amazing and the salad was really good. Great value for money!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My friend and I went searching for traditional German food with good vegetarian options. My schnitzel was AHmazing. First of all, all dishes come with a nice portioned salas with green beans and sauerkraut mini sides (on the same plate), my schnitzel was HUGE, it came with my sauce on the side, lemon wedges and a small pot of mayo (depends on the sauce you choose), it was placed on top of delicious fries. My friend had a veggie schnitzel which was algo huge, and it was a cheese schnitzel that was breaded and fried. I loved the place, the service was amazing (we got there pretty late and the waiter held the kitchen open while we asked about the different sauces). I would highly recommend this place, since its really good and it's a good value for your money.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went to Bei Oma Kleinmann on our first day in Cologne. It is really worth visiting. I ordered the pork version and my husband got the real deal - the veal version (schnitzel is traditionally made from veal).
I got chips and my husband got their fried potatoes which I think have a bit of vinegar in it. It's very tasty.

I like the restaurant, and I like the area around the restaurant. I suggest you go early (we went really early at 5:30 pm). If you are not staying around that area, it is worth making a trip to that area, have an early dinner, then go to one of the bars in the area or walk around that area - that would make a lovely evening.

And no I couldn't finish my food - I wonder if I can order the child size?