“True Schnitzel”

Gaststaette Bei Oma Kleinmann
Ranked #6 of 2,367 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“True Schnitzel”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went to Bei Oma Kleinmann on our first day in Cologne. It is really worth visiting. I ordered the pork version and my husband got the real deal - the veal version (schnitzel is traditionally made from veal).
I got chips and my husband got their fried potatoes which I think have a bit of vinegar in it. It's very tasty.

I like the restaurant, and I like the area around the restaurant. I suggest you go early (we went really early at 5:30 pm). If you are not staying around that area, it is worth making a trip to that area, have an early dinner, then go to one of the bars in the area or walk around that area - that would make a lovely evening.

And no I couldn't finish my food - I wonder if I can order the child size?

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Schnitzel bigger than head, im happy”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I hadn't eaten all day and ended up getting here around 6.. Wise choice, within half an hour people were waiting for a table. I ordered mushroom sauce schnitzel and he ordered two egg schnitzel, both were quite tasty. The schnitzels were actually bigger than the plate, on top of a mound of chips. Being so hungry we managed to polish off our meals but i suspect if we had eaten anything prior it wouldntve been possible. Schnitz were available in either pork or beef, just wish veal was an option as authentic schnitzels are veal! Our meals + 2 kolsch came to something like 33€ which was reasonable considering the schnitzel was bigger than my head. If youre a on a budget and want one nice meal out when in cologne make sure its here. English menus are available too.
Polite and observant staff

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank maow2593
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very good value for money, was shocked at how big the schnitzel were considering it was not very expensive. Variety of fillings. Partner had the one with ham and cheese which is simple but very tasty, and I had one with mushroom sauce, which is one of the best I have ever had. Highly recommend this place

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank VelvetRoses
Dublin, Ireland
“try to be hungry when you come here”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

the biggest schnitzel EVER- get ready coz you gotta have a good appetite to finish it off!!!! delicious you can have it of veal or pork, potatos and salad also come with, VERY busy so either u reserve it or just linger around to see if any spots get free, VERY Friendly staff!!! a must visit spot!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ItalianinDublin
Brussels, Belgium
“Best Schnitzel of Koln”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went there because of Tripadvisor, it's true that if you see from the outside the restaurant, I'm pretty sure that you may think that it's not attractive at all. But after that you try the schnitzel you won't regret it ;-) guarantee

• Visited May 2013