SKADA-City Colln Hotel
$95
$154
$124
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Our hotel room was comfortable and nice and we could just rest quietly at the night. The bathroom was a bit dark and we found some things left by the previous guests in the night drawer. We just left them there and I wonder if it will be there the next time we get there. For the breakfast the buffet is the best choice. The hotel is really close both to the train and to the U-Bahn stations.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The whole hotel stinks like an old ashtray and the rooms are super dirty! There is fungi everywhere in the bathroom (room 31/double) and the carpet looks like someone just died there. The bathroom door wouldn't close and the janitor was not able to fix it. Hello privacy!!!
As a flightattendant I travel a lot and have no problem whatsoever to stay in small, nonstar hotels but I defenetly can not stand dirt!
The only "plus" is the closeness to Köln Messe.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Schlanklori
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Avoid this place, unless you knows what you are doing. Some of the room is just simply small, dirty, and smelly (Room 43). When I booked, I have insisted on getting bigger room, but they are still giving me the small, smelly, and dirty room. All other rooms were empty, and some of which is nicer, but they were keeping it for some reason (although 5 rooms were available when I book it). I have been there for at least 3 years in a row (for 5 days at a time), and the room they gave me is smaller and smaller. So much for being loyal customer.

Room Tip: Avoid Room #43 at all cost.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank George B
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Spacious room, clean, big bathroom, comfortable bed, friendly staff. On arrival we were given a welcome drink- Koln made beer in the hotel bar. Very close to the city center, by taxi we payed 6 euro, by walking it will take about 15min.

Room Tip: If you travel by car, ask hotel staff to explain you where is the car park, i think it was 5 euro per day (in 7 min walking from the hotel)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We have chosen this hotel because it was close to Tanzbrunnen.
We were placed in a smoking room though we requested a non-smoking room, for me it was very disappointing.
We didnt have breakfast there instead we had it at the bio shop Dennys which is close to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple