All reviews petrol station minutes from the airport following morning room was clean cologne bonn airport night stay booked this hotel double bed minute walk frankfurters str train pillows towels wifi germany
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

My second time at this hotel, and probably not my last.

I was passing on the train around 17:00, so checked in and dumped my overnight bag. I returned to the hotel around 21:30. The room was clean and yet again overlooked the petrol station, however there's not much movement in and out during the night and the double-glazed window keeps almost all the sound out anyway (Air-con means sleeping with the window open is unnecessary). No breakfast needed as my flight back to Manchester was before 08:00 the following morning. The train to the airport still costs €2.90 single as of June 2018.

Towels and pillows were as comically thin as the previous time (plus those in Nuernberg 10 days previously) however just use all you have and you'll do fine.

Good value for money and location as always; a couple of Euro higher than in April but I think a big trade fair was starting at the nearby Messe (just two stops away) the following morning so a few delegates may have been starting to arrive in the area. Still by far the best price/quality/location ratio however.

I'll be back.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for Wednesday 18 April on my work's rates so it didnt cost very much at all. Was just about worth booking rather than hanging around the railway station or the airport all night.

It's a 5 minute walk from the railway station "Köln Frankfurter-Strasse" up a very quiet road. If you're in a car it's convenient for a filling station (not sure about prices as I wasn't in a car!) The train to the airport takes just five minutes and costs €2.90 single at the time of writing.

Check-in was efficient and my room was clean. The bed was comfortable, pillows in Germany are a bit comically thin but I just used the pillow from the other bed (I'd booked a twin room) and it did the job. Very little noise in the area after 22:00 so I had a restful sleep. The shower worked fine in the morning; towels are as thin as the pillows (!) but again using the second one did the job.

Overall, a solid choice for a night's stay or if passing by towards further south but if on business or a longer trip maybe look more towards the centre of Cologne.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Noisy during the night, we could barely sleep with people talking late in the night outside the rooms. Uncomfortable beds, uncomfortable pillows. Bathroom smelling bad. Waste of money, since we had to find another hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2018

I have used this hotel several times, its location 5 minutes by rail from Cologne / Bonn airport and 15 from Cologne centre make it a good choice for late arrivals or early departures with the airport. It has a garage with hot snacks and coffee opposite, and a Kentucky fried restaurant adjacent. There is also a public service bus dropping off directly outside serving Ostheim and Porz Market. It is a typical Ibis Budget Hotel, clean and comfortable. It is close to a standard Ibis and a B&B chain hotel, so the location offers plenty of choice in lower priced hotels.

Date of stay: January 2018