All reviews no lift modern apartment the river old town train station kettle suitcases rhine cathedral
Reviewed September 27, 2018

We booked a three bedroom suite based on the photos on Booking com and other sites. Firstly, you cannot get a car close to this hotel, meaning you have to manhandle suitcases over cobbles, not easy!
Then we found out that the "Suite" was in a building a 5 minute walk away from the hotel. Following the grumpiest guide ever through the winding streets, we only just managed to keep up. The entrance was in a dingy alleyway and there was no working lift so, again we had to lug the luggage upstairs. He unlocked the door, put the keys on the table and left without a word.
On investigating the "suite" there were three bedrooms, what they didnt say is that one was also the lounge and kitchen. Well when I say kitchen, there was a fridge and a kettle. Not the fully furnished kitchen described online.
The TV didnt work, the kettle needed rewiring (which I did) and there was no wifi. When I queried this I was told wifi only in the hotel, cue three grumpy teenagers!.

I would avoid this place like the plague, I am sure there are many many better places in this lovely city.

Oh one more thing, we found out that there was no aircon so had to open the windows to be woken up by the smell of weed being smoked, our windows overlooked a square frequented by the cities drug users. How delightful!!!

Room tip: get a room in a different hotel!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2018

Contrary to some of the reviews I have read of this place, my experience was excellent. I did request a room overlooking the river - which I got. What a view. Even though it was 4 flights of stairs up a winding staircase - one of the staff brought up my huge suitcase, as well helped when I was leaving. The breakfast was ok. I loved the location right in the old town. It was an easy walk to get and find the hotel from the train station. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. I would go there again.

Room tip: Request a room facing the river
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

At first glance, hotel seemed good. Central location in the old town and close to the main train station. However that is where the good ends.
Studio apartment is not in the hotel but around the back in what appears to be a former shop. No windows that open and no air con or fan made a very hot and stuffy room. Horrible shower with uncomfortable beds. To top it all off, the apartment is located in a busy area so all night there was noise including yelling from outside until well past midnight. Would never stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2018

DON'T TRUST THIS HOTEL. DON'T GIVE YOUR BANK INFORMATION to this hotel!!!
The owner of the hotel charged my credit card for an extra room without my consent! Very unpleasant situation. I have sent emails and called the owner and trying to talk sense with him, but he was arrogant and withdraw €700 anyway.
The case is now being investigated!
I will strongly advice NOT TO USE THIS HOTEL!!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank JohanAuning
Reviewed May 6, 2018

Four friends stayed in the penthouse apartment. It had a roof terrace with a decent view over the square and of the cathedral. The view from inside the modern apartment was also fantastic. Everything was spotless clean. The owner's English wasn't the greatest but it was enough to get by.

The kitchen wasn't really a kitchen at all. It had a fridge and that's about it. It might have had a microwave but I can't recall. We didn't use anything but the fridge.

Room tip: Get the Penthouse
Date of stay: April 2018