“An excellent choice in Cologne”
Review of Hotel Weber

Hotel Weber
Ranked #84 of 260 Hotels in Cologne
UK
“An excellent choice in Cologne”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Travelling single, and on a budget, I chose this hotel with some trepidation. I couldn't have chosen better! The hotel in general and the rooms are super-clean, the furniture and fittings are modern and there is ample storage. Breakfast guarantees a good start to a day of sightseeing and the staff are helpful and welcoming.
If I was to pick fault the only comments I can possibly make are:
1. A box of tissues could be provided in the bedroom
2. More plug points in the bedroom
Hardly earth shattering problems in what is a hotel the owners can be proud of.
Other reviewers have mentioned the small size of the single rooms which is true, however they contain all I require and therefore served my purpose really well.
Should I ever visit Cologne in the future I will definitely book the Hotel Weber again

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Clive B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was a little nervous in choosing a city center privately owned hotel for my business trip. I can however confirm that in every aspect i was very pleased. This is a family run hotel with values and customer service you would like to expect. Very good breakfast selection, clean tidy room with what seemed to be a brand new en suite. Ideally situated for public transport and bars and restaurants. The owners were particularly helpful & spoke very good English. I booked remotely and seeked reassurance via email and telephone to ensure i did have a room when i arrived - on each occasion they responded in a timely manner. For a city centre hotel, the price was very good too! I will be booking for the time Next year! - Thank you

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very clean and a nice little room with a very good small price :). They are super friendly and try to help you if you have questions. Internet works in the room as well and is included. It is right in the middle of the City.

Room Tip: try to get a room to the backside ;-)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel location is great, between Neumarkt and Zülpicherstr. which is perfect if you want to explore, both during the day and the night time.

I have positives and negatives for this place:
Positives:
The room was spotless- couldn't find a speck of dust
The staff- they were so friendly and helpful, they remembered which room I was in when I went to get my key from reception
Price- the price I paid for this, a week in advance of me going on this short notice trip was only slightly higher than what you'd pay in a 8 bed hostel room in Cologne. I was very impressed by this!
The bed was comfy, which is a delight after a day exploring the city
Location- superb!

Negatives
The room was tiny! Again, better than a shared room in a hostel though.
The shower was next to the bed, if you open the shower door and turn the shower on, you flood your floor.
The heat during my stay was hot hot hot, and with no A/C keeping the window open was a must, although the street outside was pretty noisy, especially on the Friday night

All in all, I would not only stay here again, but I would recommend it to friends. I used to live in Cologne so the language barrier with the hotel staff was non existent. I even forgot my jumper in my room and they let my friend go and pick it up for me.

The staff and lovely, the location is excellent, and the sleep quality is about average.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Hi, just wanted to share impressions from Hotel Weber in Cologne. Stayed there with friends 6-7 July.

The hotel is HORRIBLE! Price-quality ratio is 0! The staff (with one exception) does not speak proper English and is very unfriendly. The rooms are nothing as what they look on the pictures. Extremely small, no air-condition, shower is enough to basically to fit a child. We did not have WC in the room. I do not recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The single rooms are somewhat better and price-value is more reasonable. The single rooms have also...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I like the fact that it was super clean and neat. Very friendly staff. They're always willing to help..very specific when giving directions. Breakfast was superb! The lady in charge of the kitchen was very hospitable. She made sure that our meal was great! The room itself was very clean and big. We didn't expect it to be roomy considering the fact that hotels in Europe are normally small in general. We only had a sink and a shower in our room but never had a problem sharing a toilet with other guests. They managed to keep the toilet spotless. Never had a problem waiting also to use it. It was a family owned hotel and they personally run the business so they're more welcoming and accomodating. It was close to retsaurants (Zulpitcher Platz) with great food! The Cathedral was a few stops away from Neumarkt if you take train 16 or 18. Probably a block to Zulpitcher tram station. It was very convenient. What a pleasant hotel to stay in. Wonferful experience indeed!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed in March 11-16, 2013

Pros
- Very clean and well maintained;
- Kind and helpful receptionists;
- Very convenient locations in Old City, just few steps away from 2 main tram stations, and you can reach any place in Old City just within 15-20 minutes;
- Direct tram line No.9 to/from KulnMesse;
- Free and reliable Wi-Fi with good speed, but with long ping time, so you can do Skyping, but not for a long time (ping-82 ms; download- 9.5 Mbps, upload-0.9 Mbps);
- Decent breakfast.

Cons
- Some rooms are not equipped with toilets and showers/sinks - be aware when booking;
- Poor sound proof, so you can hear almost all what happened in neighboring rooms and rooms across yours;

Conclusion
If you don't mind above Cons it would be probably best economical solution to stay in Cologne.

Room Tip: With shower/sink and a toilet, facing to court
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business