“Very good!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Chamara
“Very good!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Wonderful place with really good location, helpfull and friendly stuff, and incredibly tasty food!
I am 100 percent sure that you will like this place!

• Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best choice”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was more than satisfied with everything there!
It doesn't matter were are you from - if you will try "borsch" , you will be satisfied enough to come back again with all your friends and family.
No doubt i can say that i'll come back to Germany again at least to try everything what they have there.
If you are looking for the good place to visit in Cologne, no matter who you are with, choose Pan & Pani.
I am 100 percent sure that you will like this place!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank IvanS7777
Orlando, Florida
“Dasha, the waitress and the taped music made my experience wonderful”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I'm giving this restaurant a "very good" rating only because of the waitress, the décor and the music.

I just returned from having dinner at this restaurant which was recommended by the front desk at my hotel...just around the corner. I was so impressed with the waitress, Dasha. She handled all the table by herself...9 tables in all...18 people. She was very cute in her colorful blouse and apron...and she had a smile that I could sell. I couldn't believe it. She does not run but she sure walks fast...even getting coats from a lovely coat rack and giving them to the customers.

The restaurant is nicely decorated and from what I could see very clean. I was given a menu in English...much appreciated. Dasha took my order promptly and brought bread and a nice cheese spread to me. Unfortunately, I waited over 40 minutes for my meal. A few customers who came in after me had already been served.

I didn't get frustrated because I was enjoying the tape of all American popular recordings. Songs from Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, Cher, Kay Starr, Frankie Vallie and even recordings from "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes". "music can soothe a savage soul"...how true.

My dinner was really not worth the price I paid for it. I had barbecue pork which was pork on a skewer, a cold cabbage slaw and grilled vegetables (cherry tomatoes and sliced zucchini that wasn't grilled). Price 17 Euros.plus 2 Euros for a small bottle of still water equals 19 Euros plus tax.

I must point out that it bothered me that a woman who I thought may be the owner sat on a barstool, shaking her hair to the side constantly and looking at the computer screen...never once helping Dasha. There was also another girl who was "wooing" with the bartender who I saw only once bring some bread to a table. If she is getting paid, I would like to know "what for". I found the preceding to take away from the ambience.

I won't go back to the restaurant tomorrow, my last night in Cologne however, I won't forget Dasha, the best waitress that I have experienced in my travels around the world (over 75 countries). .

• Visited September 2013
Bishops Stortford UK
“Good food/ chaotic service”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was a few steps from our hotel and it was late in the evening so we just dived in. The little Russian girl who served us was sweet, but kept apologising for her slowness - her performance was not helped by the boss who just seemed to get in the way rather than helping
The food was good and seemed to be freshly cooked to order. We would have no problem in recommending this place if you are staying locally and have plenty of time to spare.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cavan R
Kiev, Ukraine
“Amazing place!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Pan & Pani serves delicious Ukrainian cuisine and welcomes its guest with truly Ukrainian hospitality. Amazing Borshch, Chicken Breast Salad and Medovik :) Would also recommend coffee. The place is definitely worth visiting!

• Visited July 2013