“Never again”

Ginti Indisches Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 2,447 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Very poor service, food delivered after 1 hour. I complained and the waiter said, shall I take this back.
Quality of food - poor. very poor infact. In butter paneer, we couldnt find paneer. and okra was too oily and uncooked.
The owner tried to make up in the end by talking to us, but the evening was already spoiled.

3  Thank Sumit G
There are newer reviews for Ginti Indisches Restaurant

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stopped by for lunch as I was craving something besides sausage and potatoes. The owner came out and spoke to me and he was very welcoming and gave me some good advice about the neighborhood.

I ordered the chicken tikka marsala and even though it wasn't the most amazing, it was still very good. The portion was a bit bigger than the meals I've had as well so that was nice. The mango lassi was very refreshing. Overall, a good experience.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We found Ginti on the restaurant map while visiting the Christmas markets and they did not disappoint at all. They had the best chicken saag we've ever ordered and the service was great. We would definitely eat here again on our next visit to Cologne.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I decided to ask the waiter for advice on what to choose as it was my first visit, this was the best thing i could have done he listened to what i like and proposed a meal i would have never chosen! it was perfect just the right spice level could not fault this place and i have been eating indian for over 20 years, also we could not believe how cheap our bill was.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Coming from the UK and specifically the Midlands, our love of Indian food is huge and we eat it a lot! Living here in Köln now, Ginti was recommended to us and it did not disappoint. We went for an early dinner with our 20 month old who they were very accommodating of indeed. They made a mild but v tasty curry for her, rice and roti and she loved it all. We ordered chilli garlic prawns, a spicy paneer dish and chickpea curry, all of which was delicious.

The second visit, minus the baby was equally as good if not better. We had two thalis, one veggie and one meat. I requested a chilli paneer on the veggie one and they were very happy to accommodate. We also order a daal and this was exceptional.

The food is authentic, nicely spiced, a perfect heat and so so tasty. We love it that much we have booked with friends for New Year and are going back tonight!

If you love Indian food then this is the best option in Köln.

1  Thank lazygirly