“A place to recommend to try Korean BBQ”

meat.ing Korean BBQ
Ranked #213 of 2,447 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Rather than a long review, I am going to write pluses and minuses:

+ the atmosphere is nice (not trying to be authentic Korean at all if that's what you are looking for)
+ the service is very friendly
+ the variety of vegetables is impressive
+ it's clean and modern
+ the meat was good (but they left a lot of fat in the chicken and duck)

- it's not that cheap - I believe the basic menu with meat should be less than 20€
- the choice is limited (3 menus including a veggie one)
- the one dessert that is part of the menu is just an ice-cream
- your clothes will smell like grease which is quite annoying especially if it's a business lunch or if you plan to go out afterwards.

I don't think I will go back to meat.ing, but that's only because I came to realize I am not a huge fan of Korean BBQ in general. If you like the concept, there is a very good chance that you will enjoy your meal at meat.ing.

1  Thank DrNeko
There are newer reviews for meat.ing Korean BBQ

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Visited here solely due to the reviews on Trip Advisor. We've never had Korean BBQ before and didn't know what to expect. They have 3 set menus in the evening and we went for option 1. We had little dumplings for starter which were great. The main consisted of a selection of raw meats (some marinated) for you to cook on the grill built into your table. With that was lots of side dishes. The dessert was a yummy refreshing ice lolly! Absolutely loads to eat and a great experience. Highly recommended..!

1  Thank David C
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This restaurant was #52 when we went. It was a hair off our beaten track, but worth it. We leave a 17 and a 10 year old and everyone found something they like.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Meat.ing was great. I had no expectations going in, but it turned out to be better than i could have expected. I've had a lot of Korean BBQ through my travels through California in the US, and this was head and shoulders above that. The quality of the ingredients was great and you get endless refills of the sides (as in most Korean BBQ places).

We were thoroughly satisfied with Menu 1 which was pork and beef both marinated and un-marinated.

The only negative i have to mention was the desert. It was a korean popsicle with melon and cream that was served in it's plastic wrapper on a plate. It was a bit odd and i would have appreciated a different presentation rather than eating it off of its stick.

I would definitely eat here again. I wish it was in my home town here in Holland. I would eat it every week!!!

2  Thank Lindsay B
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Very nice restaurant. We had a great meal, even though the dessert was somewhat disappointing (the ice cream was still in the pacakage). Menu 1 comes with a lot of meat and side dishes, plenty of great food. Service was good. Restaurant seems fairly new, nice design and interior.