$427
$230
$202
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel Cologne(Cologne)(Great Value!)
$513
$436
Radisson Blu
$441
$427
  • Pool
NH Collection Koln Mediapark(Cologne)(Great Value!)
$407
$460
$390
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 22, 2006

I stayed here for two nights during the World Cup, June 2006.

The 3 star rating given to this hotel is an absolutely joke. It may get 1 star on the North American rating system. The room I had was like a prison cell. The bed was hard and pillows were flat. No A/C, no coffee or tea in room, no hot water.

I paid 350 Euros for the first night and 500 Euros for the 2nd night (there was literally nothing else available to book in Colgone) during my stay.

The hotel actually charged my credit card a full 3 weeks BEFORE my arrival, which caused me massive problems before I had even arrived.

The staff were initially friendly but when hotel locks the main doors at 12 midnight the night staff take over and (I have to say) they were apallingly rude.

Avoid this one if you can.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank toonarmyusa
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed June 12, 2005

We paid about £70 per night for 3 nights to stay here. Booked off hotels & rated 3 star we thought it was a safe bet. 3 star isn't the normal rating system on this site, but some obscure german one. We arrived to be allocated a twin room as no double (requested) were available. We were moved the next day. Both rooms had foam rubber matresses, holes in the sheets, yukky paint, poorly lit rooms & staff varied from great to strange to rude. Out TV only worked byt remote & it broke so we had only a loud TV with 1 channel. Had to bang on walls when other guest were being noisey til past midnight.
Spend the extra money & stay at a big brand hotel, or the Dom Hotel, looked beautiful.
It should've been £40 a night.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 29, 2005

I enjoyed the 2 nights we stayed here. The staff was friendly, our rooms were spacious and we were in a good location. I felt the bathroom was plenty spacious. As for the noise, it could be bothersome for a light sleeper since the train is so close. In fact, we didn't realize how close and took a cab. I also think Cologne is a wonderful city in itself and has easy access to the beautiful countryside.

1  Thank georgeglass
Reviewed May 24, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Drei Konige because we were touring Germany using the German railpass and wanted hotels near the train stations. In all the cities we visited hotels near the train station were usually in smaller, older buildings located in less than upscale districts. The tariff paid reflects the convenience of the location as well as the amenities of the hotel and for 69 euros a night we got a clean, straight forward accommodation near a train station.
The linen and towels supplied were not the best and were due for replacement. The room and bath were small but were similar to the other hotels in the same price range in the other cities visited. We were not affected by noise from trains, outside(windows closed) or the adjoining rooms but we could hear people using the stairs. The staff had varying levels of English skills but as a visitor you shouldn't expect everyone in the hotel to speak your language unless you stay in one of the international hotels. A few word of German got the staff interested in communicating with us in a mix of languages and we had no problems.
We stayed in Mainz(91 euros) , Cologne(69 euros) , Hamburg (68 euros)and Berlin(75 euros) and the only hotel that was better than the Drei Konige was the more expensive hotel in Mainz. Berlin was a self service Hostel type operation where we got our towels and linen from the desk.

Based upon our experiences in Germany I would recommend this hotel for the budget traveller using trains.

2  Thank YVRGER
Reviewed January 15, 2005

The previous reviewers must have been staying in a different Hotel! Stayed here for 3 nights with my partner. Room was wonderful, yes a little small and without the facilities of a large hotel, but reflected in price. Beds where fine, if low on the ground, SPARE pillows can be requested via reception and their English was fine, but did the reviwers try speaking in German? I have a very small understanding of German and we was fine and had no problems.

For the price of the stay what do you expect?

Very well situated being only minutes away from Dom and Hbf (Main Station), alternate route if you looked to get to the top end of the city (Rudolfplatz and Neumarket areas).

6  Thank Kevan M