See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 3, 2017

It was located in the back side of Dom Cathedral and the centre is just 2 minutes away by walk. The breakfast and wifi was ok. The room was small but it has all amenities for a business stay. Recommended for limited budget travellers.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank MUHAMMEDSANCAR
Reviewed March 27, 2017

I already stayed here 2 years ago. And I came back. And I will come back again.

Why?
This is not the 4 Seasons, but the simple rooms have everything one needs for a very decent price. The breakfast is fabulous. And the location so very close to Cologne Cathedral and to Cologne Central Station can't be beat.
Add to that the enfant terrible of the hotel, the owner or manager, whose constant educated banter provides ample entertainment: Why would I stay anywhere else ?

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank None of Y
Reviewed February 14, 2017

Last stayed here 3 years ago and, to answer other negative reviews, you get what you pay for. I have only 1 criticism, for this trip, and that was the fact that the lift wasn't working and the stairs are fairly steep. My room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was quite sufficient. I make this trip every year at this time and have no reason to change. The cost and the location are adequate for my purposes. The previous 2 years I was unable to get a room due to it being fully booked so that speaks for its popularity.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2017

Stayed att Drei Konig am dom for two nights in july 2016 during the Amphi festival saturday to monday. hotel was worn down but that I can take. However there were no fans in the rooms and they had made my bed with sheets that were too small and did not cover the entire bed. I told this to twopeople in the staff on two different occasions but nothing got done, and on the sunday they told me they had no laundry service. By then they had known of the problem since saturday morning. Also the milk and dairy on the already somewhat poorly stocked breakfast buffet is not chilled in a close to 30 degree celsius summer heat. Your cereal has to be eaten luke warm.

Staff speaks very poor english.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2017

The staff are the true highlight of the hotel, they cant do enough for you, very friendly and offer lots of helpful advice.
Rooms are quite dated and very basic but clean and we slept well. No problems with train noise but one of our shutters was non existent and the curtains very light weight so darkening the room might be a problem for some.
Bathroom was small but everything worked well and was clean.
Breakfast was quite good and more than enough. Loved the cheeses and German breads.
The hotel has renovations happening but they did not cause us any issues.

I would stay again as the location, cleanliness, staff and cost outwayed any minor issues. Not a hotel for someone looking for luxury.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple