“Savoy is a great value in Cologne”
Review of Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #16 of 262 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at the Savoy while visiting in June. It is a great location, very funky cool in the decor. The bathrooms were modern and efficient. The only complaint was that I'm not sure that I knew how to operate the air conditioning and it was a little warm. But to the hotel's defense, I didn't ask for help either. I would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 31, 2012

overall a hotel that we will never return to. they said they had a wellness centre which is just what we were looking for but really it was just a few lounge chairs and a couple of public baths. not appealing at all. then when we asked where to go for dinner they directed us somewhere which was a $15 cab ride away and when we got there the place was DEAD. where was everyone. up the other end of the city, no where near where she told us to go. the rooms are small and dark and the room we had there was a shower on one side of the room and the bathroom was on the other. really weird set op. we did get our breakfast in the morning for free though. haha. so they were too slack to check us in or out of the breakfast room, so their loss. the service we go at this hotel overall spoilt our 24hours in Colonge and wont be somewhere we head back to.

Room Tip: do go here. find somewhere closer to the city.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jasoooooooon
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed over New Years Eve - including dinner and party.
Party was a bit lame as people were sitting rather than dancing. Music was ok though.
Dinner was exquisite.
The room on the Paris floor was really stylish.
We enjoyed the spa very much. Steam bath, sauna, calmly decorated and comfortable rest room. A good choice of treatments (massage, facial, steam bath).
The staff overall was extremely friendly, forthcoming and helpful.
We enjoyed our stay very much.
(P.S.: you should visit the café about a 3 minute walk called Café Extrablatt - we very much enjoyed having lunch, dinner and drinks there)

Room Tip: get a floor higher up - you can see the Dom (cathedral) from high up.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Be careful in this Hotel, and try to have nothing with value or liquid money with you ...or better look for other place.
I did not sleep for 2 days as the trip was too long, I specially choose a kind of good hotel to have a rest in peace, but it was not a case in this dum hotel - while deeply sleeping someone from the personnel has enter and robbed all the money and my watch!!!!!!!!! when I waked up I see no money, and no watch, I called the police, but nothing was done just writting down what was happened!!!, the administration of the Hotel was unemotionnel, too cold...(no reaction) just reapeating the same...we will wait the police investigation.....wwhat kind of investigation that was, I do not know!!!.As my stay was prepaid, the 2days left I really did not sleep each dum noise I waked up, and I did a kind of traps in near the door!!!!!!
I believe that everyone in the hotel is involved in this kind of operation, so be carefull!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Robbed f
SAVOY77, Public Relations Manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear travellers ,

Regarding the latest accusation we want you to be sure that security and safety of our guest has always been one of our top. Of course we handle any suspicion seriously and support any investigation with everything being in our power.

Kind regards,

The hotel manager.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

pricy for what it offers though good location helpful staff clean rooms / single seperate beds and old fashioned TV (one bed may not be seeing the TV as well)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This hotel was interesting in decor, very close to the train station but a little off-the-beaten-path, and overall a pretty average hotel experience. The hotel was very clean, so I'm giving it 4/5 rather than 3/5. I wouldn't stay there again, but only because I like to find hotels that really stand out as something exceptional, and I just didn't feel that this one did. The front desk was extraordinarily accommodating and helpful though, so I really think that the service of the hotel was not to blame at all.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2010

While the Savoy may appear ugly and unspectacular from the outside, as a 70s concrete block next to the loud Turiner Straße, it really is a spectacular jewel among Cologne hotels. Frequented buy the very liberal intelligentsia and art scene of the city, you will always meet a well know face in the lobby. The bar is perfectly equipped from Champagne to the hard stuff, and their is a fantastic roof top, but the real highlight are the suites, each of them individualized. Spend for example a night "Out of Africa", with zebra skins and a juge bath tub of black marble, under an artificial, glimmering nightly skye covered with stars.
Besides, the Hotel is well located next to Cologne's Central Train Station.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo