“Eau de Cologne”

and up
Farina Fragrance Museum in Cologne Admission Ticket
Ranked #16 of 274 things to do in Cologne
More attraction details
Owner description: Get a whiff of the place where Eau de Cologne was born. Learn about perfume essences and attractions and let your nose lead you thorough history. - We highly recommend booking your tickets prior to your visit. -
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I bought my elderly mother some Eau de Cologne. It reminded me of how she smelled when we were kids.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"smelling"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Though we visited early in the morning, we learned that the English tour was for 4 pm that day. Several museums later, I was less than excited. However, the tour was interesting and engaging for even an uninterested participant. For instance, Napoleon designed special boots to keep a bottle of the perfume with him.

This fragrance was the first l'eau de cologne.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is one of the best museum's I have ever visited. I am going to blow my own trumpet and say that I know a lot about a lot of things, but I never quite really read that much about fragrances. It was just wonderful, the way our friend explained things! It was just so much of knowledge in so little time. I am sure, this museum would please everyone from different age groups! A must visit!!

Be informed that the English tour is at 12 noon and you can't learn/go in the museum without a guided tour. It is worth it! If you are staying at a hotel, you will get those cards, which provide you certain discounts on some local attractions, this is on of them!

1  Thank Pranav B
Reviewed July 16, 2014

An amazing experience. You must book ahead and the tour costs a nominal amount but it is worth it! The perfume shop is well priced.

1  Thank PrincetonBelle
See more reviews
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

By just walking into the shop is definately not enough. The very friendly sales ladies greeting you and helping you out with the products. AND....you gotta take the tour. Yes! This is so interesting and the guide was not only informative but funny. You wouldn't even think why, how, and who used the "farina" perfume if you only go in to the store to just buy a perfume. I strongly suggest it.