This was adequate for our needs, only 5 minutes' walk from the train station & cathedral, but there was too much light and sound coming into the room at night.
- Very convenient for the station. I suspect a lot of travellers use it for the same reason, there seemed quite a lot of early morning movement around the hotel.
- Helpful multi-lingual staff, secure 24 hour reception (buzzer entry on the front door.)
- High ceilinged, airy rooms, a nice size for a city centre hotel. Small table and chair was handy for us having our own breakfast in the bedroom before early morning departure.
- Decent sized bathroom.
- Clean and secure.
- Although close to the station, it's a couple of streets away, which helps make it quieter.
- Curtains were much too thin for a hotel. They were inadequate to block out the streetlight at night, and daylight in the morning.
- Doors and walls did not keep out the noise from other guests, especially people walking through the echoey hallway and closing their doors.
- No lift if you have trouble climbing stairs.
Overall, if you're just looking for somewhere clean and secure that's close to the station or cathedral, Brandenburger Hof will do the job. However, if you want attractive surroundings, or luxury, or something a bit special, or you're a light sleeper, it's probably not the best hotel for you.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de and Travelocity so you can book your Brandenburger Hof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brandenburger Hof Cologne
- Brandenburger Hof Hotel Cologne