“Christmas stay”

Lindner Hotel Dom Residence
Ranked #21 of 263 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here 2 days around Christmas period.
Very well located in centre near Dom, with lot's of things to do around.
Fine room and good service all around.
breakfast was very good and plenty of things on the buffet. big +++.
Service was nice and very helpfull...
Unfortunately due to holiday period we did not find time to enjoy spa since it was closed earlier (as is everything in Koln during Christmas period)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Francois V

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed for one night in transit.
Excellent location, just 5 minutes walk to the station and the Cathedral.
Next to the hotel are many restaurants, bars and various shops.
The rooms are clean, spacious and has everything you need.
Very polite staff. Lovely breakfasts.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sergei F
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel. The service was great. Rooms were clean, modern and bed was comfy! I spent some time in the bar my first night- the staff provided me with information on the popular places to visit and which ones were not so great. Advised me to purchase city bus tour so I could get a feel for what the city offered then develop my strategy. It was great advice. I even signed up for their rewards card.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is my second stay at the Lindner Dom as we come to Cologne each year for a trade fair. I wasn't as happy this time round.

On the positive side, the hotel is very central and within easy reach of everything, the rooms are spacious and staff pleasant.

Not so positive was the fact that I specially requested a non smoking room yet my room stank of smoke on arrival, not nice especially as I'm pregnant and sensitive to smells.

The rooms were too hot and it wasn't possible to control the temperature except by opening the windows, it was freezing outside.

Toiletries were never replaced, nor were room service drinks. I had to go out for water.

The staff at breakfast were mainly pleasant apart from one girl who hassled us while we were eating to sign our bill, very rude. Breakfast is expensive, 22 euros and it is nothing special. They had run out of several items on our last morning which was annoying.

Wifi is not free, it's 9 euros a day which I think is rubbish!

Negatives were only minor but they added to our annoyance during the stay.

Will try a different hotel next year.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Championcharlie
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Normally stay at the Hilton but fortunately they were full on my last trip so ended up in the Lindner. Hotel is well located approx 5 mins walk from the Dom. Very efficient and speedy check in. Room was spacious, well appointed and immaculately clean(room 708). Parking space was limited but I managed to find a bay for my 2 night stay. Breakfast wouldn't win any prizes and was rather overpriced for what it was. Staff there could perhaps show a little more enthusiasm - empty orange juice jug for 15 minutes!!! Having 'discovered' the Lindner, it'll certainly be my hotel of choice on subsequent visits to Cologne.
All in all a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Ian057
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Lindner Dom Residence Hotel is not easy to find at first sight. Once found however, this is an advantage as the quiet street in the middle of the city produces not much noise. The main railwaystation, the Dom, museums and the shopping-streets are all only a few minutes walking away, but one never gets the impression, as often is the case in the neigbourhood of a railway-station, that the neighourhood gets a cheap look. Our room was located at the backside which looked out to a pleasant quiet courtyard illuminated by Christmas-tress (beginning nof January). The room was big enough for a somewhat longer stay with enough wardrobespace, a modern TV and well-sized a bit hard beds, The bathroom was clean and bath/shower were perfect as was the water-pressure. The hotel gives a clean, almost Scandinavian impression with light wood panelling. There are no opulent hallways or staircases but a businesslike entrance with friendly staff. The same friendliness was shown by the staff at the breakfast restaurant. Breakfast itself was one of the best ever enjoyed including all varieties for health freaks. Despite the fact that the breakfastroom was well populated all mornings, there was never a shortage of anything as the staff replenished all items at once. The underground parking is accomodating some 20 cars and that may not be sufficient and the price is steep (€ 20/day) but there are plenty car-parks nearby. If one appreciates location, friendliness, Scandinavian design and a wonderful breakfast, try this Lindner hotel.

Room Tip: courtyard room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights as we got a good discounted rate on booking.com. The location is superb which is the real appeal of the place. The staff are really friendly and the rooms are clean.
We wouldn't have stayed if it wasn't discounted though as the actual rooms are pretty standard and probably not worth paying the normal rate for. We also had breakfast elsewhere, which suited us down to the ground.
A key reason for booking here was for the spa facilities which are good but attached to what we deemed to be an older persons' residential complex as well as the hotel. In theory its a great way to share services but we got a little unwelcome feeling we were disrupting residents'routine when using the pool etc but they were nice enough. Just don't be fooled the spa is only for hotel guests.
We'd definitely stay here again for the right price.

• Stayed: January 2013