Lindner Hotel Dom Residence
$100
$83
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationretirement homeswimming poolmini barminute walkrooms are spacious and cleanquiet streetthe staff was friendly and helpfulparking garagefour star hotelper dayroom numberstayed one nightair conditioningcoffee makerhotel is greathotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here for two nights. The location to the central train station was good, less than 2 blocks walk away. I didn't have any problems walking there in the very early morning.
The room was clean and comfortable, with english TV channels and movies available.
The staff were OK, but not the most helpful. On my first day I asked where the nearest doctor was. The girl didn't seem to happy to help me, and more gave the impression I was bothering her; yet the hotel brochures say that if you need a doctor to ask the reception and they would be 'happy' to help.
In addition to that, when I asked one of the morning staff where the nearest ATM was her reply was a shrug of the shoulders and "maybe the train station". However, on my way there I noticed there was not only one, but two, at the end of the street. She also told me that the train to the airport would take 40 minutes; it only took 15 minutes! I recommend the staff make themselves more aware of the area and those questions that might be more commonly asked by guests.
I had a couple of meals at the restaurant at this hotel. The food was lovely, and worth the money. With regards to the drinks though, there needs to be more consistency. On the first night I was served a cocktail in a tall glass. On the second night I ordered the same drink, but it was served in a glass half its size. When I wanted it topped up with the rest of the mixer (ginger ale) they charged me extra for it! Not good enough.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Good locatio to cathedral and train station. Hotel staff very helpful. Room clean and quiet. We skipped the breakfast as we don't enjoy large breakfast and didn't want to spend 22euro for it. Two elevators, need to insert room key for it to work. Good security.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel is very conveniently situated close to the train station and Cologne cathedral. It is a modern and impressive building and the bedrooms are clean although, unfortunately, a previous occupant's underwear had been left in my room. Staff were pleasnt and helpful. Breakfast at 22 euros was a drawback-I prefer to eat breakfast in the hotel where I am staying-but not at those prices-I really do not understand the logic in charging such a rate! However, there is a pleasant bakery/cafe a few doors away where a very good breakfast can be purchased for a much smaller amount! The hotel is very convenient for sight seeing in Cologne.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here for a night in a room for 2 people. It was less than a 5 minute walk from the station.
Rooms were clean and adequately equipped.
We thought the breakfast was a bit pricy at 22 euros and they did not have complimentary coffee or any such amenities.
Not having free wifi was also a negative point but we enjoyed our stay otherwise

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel is located in the middle of the city, fairly close to the main shopping area and the old city, within walking distance of the cathedral and the river.

It looks very modern and space age. The rooms are very white and efficient feeling, very clean. The staff is very helpful and courteous.

The rate that I paid was 89 euros back in 2009.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business