Lowest prices for your stay
$160
ZenHotels.com
$158
Daniel G
Washington DC, District of Columbia

Extremely nice, good value

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 14, 2019
I was fortunate to have selected this hotel on a recent business trip, having never visited Cologne before. Being across the Rhine provides spectacular views of the Dom and the rest of the city. The hotel was very busy (I like that), the staff very attentive and friendly, the room clean and well serviced, and the restaurants (that I visited, anyway) quite good. The price might be a little high for some, but given everything I experienced it is an excellent value.
Trip type: Traveled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattRegencyCologne, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Köln, responded to this review
Responded May 16, 2019
Dear Daniel G,
we are delighted to read your brilliant and extensive feedback!
The Hyatt Regency Cologne sets a high value on taking the extra mile to satisfy and enthuse our guests. Therefore, we are more than happy knowing you left as a fully contented guest. We would like to let you know that we are truly taking your lovely words to heart and the whole team thanks you a lot for your kind compliments! It is a pleasure seeing you enjoyed our location and the resulting view just as much as we do every day working at the Hyatt Regency Cologne.
We are really looking forward to welcome you again as soon as possible!
With kind regards
3.5 miles from Hyatt Regency Köln
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Cologne
3,878 results
All reviews across the river short walk over the bridge club floor great hotel old town river view rooms are spacious perfect location bit dated train station dom cathedral trade show city centre excellent breakfast visit cologne christmas market rhine
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

I’m not sure there is a better located hotel in all of Cologne. Situated perfectly across from the Cathedral and mere steps from the bridge, this Hyatt property does not disappoint. The rooms are modern and spacious by European standards and are well appointed. The staff is professional, friendly, and goes out of their way to support whatever you may need. The lobby is modern and contemporary and holds a full service bar just beyond the main check in area. Outside, between the drive and the river sits two dining venues. One is more quick service oriented with the Italian restaurant being more upscale dining. The location of this hotel allows one to walk anywhere in central Cologne or catch a train to somewhere else in Europe!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank tboz1976
HyattRegencyCologne, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Koln, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear tboz1976,
at first we would like to thank you very much for your detailed feedback!
The whole staff likes to thank you for your friendly compliments which make us proud of what we do every day. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our selection of restaurants and our location.
We hope to welcome you again as soon as possible!
Kind regards from Cologne,

Reviewed May 11, 2019

For transparency purposes, the following is exactly what I shared with the hotel:
1) My stay started with my check-in. My reservation was made with a centralized company credit card. Upon checking in, the hotel could not process that card, so I had no choice but to use my own personal credit card. So, after another colleague arrived, I had to stop back at the reception to have the card changed over. This was several days ago and the hold still shows up on my personal card. That should have been released as soon as it was moved to another card. This was very frustrating. 2) The hotel as a whole was nice. Being a very frequent traveler, I am accustom to Hilton brands as I have been a Hilton Diamond member for many years. I inquired as to matching status and was told that Hyatt does not do this, so this heavily weighs in on my evaluation as amenities that I typically receive were not available to me. So, if I need to start over to establish status, it is highly unlikely that I stay with Hyatt and my loyalty will remain with Hilton and Marriott. 3) With regards to my room, the temperature would not stay consistent which led to some restless nights. I would have complained, but that too would have come with changing rooms and no guarantee that my problem would be solved. So for 3 nights, I just stuck it out and made it work. 4) I thought the breakfast charge was too expensive for the experience. The second day I could not even get cooked eggs from the omelette station as the line was too long and only one person cooking. 5) Hopefully this constructive feedback helps you improve for other guests going forward, but it is very unlikely that I ever choose to stay at a Hyatt in the future.

1  Thank The_Harley_Reviewer
HyattRegencyCologne, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Koln, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Dear Escape11970154951,
I am more than sorry for these inconveniences. I would kindly ask you to have a look at our extensive answer to your feedback left at the hotels review portal.
We wish you a pleasant day!

Reviewed May 10, 2019

Very good location, excellent resturant. The service at Regency Club Lounge is great that you can have breakfast and light dinner free of charge if you stay at Club level or a Diamond member. Fitness room is a bit small but just enough for daily exercise.

2  Thank allenting0716

Dear Allen T,
thank you very much for your constructive feedback.
We are more than happy to read that you liked staying on our Regency Club Floor.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at the Regency Club one day.
Have a nice week!

Reviewed May 7, 2019

I hosted a week of corporate meetings at this property last month and was not disappointed. The Conference Center was first rate with very attentive service. The guest rooms large, well-appointed and clean. Restaurant food quality was excellent with good servers, but just a bit slow. The location although across the river from the old town was removed enough from the noise but close enough to quickly walk over when you wanted to experience it. I would gladly recommend this property to anyone and would gladly return for future business.

Room tip: Kölner Dom view rooms are worth the money
Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank JPMCNYC1
HyattRegencyCologne, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Koln, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear qe22000,
It is our number one priority to ensure that our guests leave our hotel feeling completely satisfied. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your wishes and we are honored that you chose our hotel to hold your cooperate meetings. We are eagerly awaiting your return, in hopes that we can make your next stay an all-around perfect one.
Best Regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2019

We have booked two connecting rooms to explore Cologne. It is the perfect fallback base. The kids loved the swimming pool. If you don't want to walk into the city for lunch or dinner, the hotel provides a great variety of restaurants.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Discover57978401905

Dear Discover57978401905,
Thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor!
I am overjoyed to have read all of the positive aspects of your stay and to know that you and your family left our hotel feeling relaxed and completely satisfied. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel once again!
Best wishes from Cologne,