2,800 results
All reviews across the bridge the river short walk over the bridge glashaus restaurant club floor rhine view hohenzollern bridge beer garden old town cologne cathedral excellent hotel main restaurant rooms are spacious perfect location train station trade show city centre
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We'd booked a Regency Club King Room and it was a real treat. The room was pretty big, clean and had a very comfortable bed. The bathroom is also well equipped.. The Kolner Dom is only a walk over the bridge away, good location. But the service in the hotel, especially the Regency Club, was exceptional!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paola V
HyattRegencyKoeln, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read the very positive review on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the entire team I want to thank you for your kind words about our "exeptional service". It was an honour to serve you in our Regency Club and to let you feel comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon at Hyatt Regency Cologne with our perfect view of Cologne Cathedral.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

High quality service , very professional. Perfect location. Never experienced such friendly and helpfull staff. Rooms are very luxurous exceeding normal standards. I used the club rooms o the sixth floor which have a nice view. snacks and refreshments are served early afternoon and evening

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattRegencyKoeln, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Eddy T,

How wonderful it is to receive feedback like yours on TripAdvisor. I am very glad that you were satisfied with your entire stay. It was a true honour to provide you with high-quality service in a perfect location with our friendly and helpful team.

Enjoying the special attention service in our Regency Club Lounge is always a pleasure, and definitely worth the money. After a private breakfast with a perfect view over the city of Cologne - followed by an arrangement of biscuits and cakes - the evening brings an exquisite cocktail reception. I am very glad that you enjoyed this special offer, and I would love to welcome you to our sixth floor soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

i was totally satisfied with the hotel, it is the third time i have stayed, and i will on my next trip to Cologne whenever that will be, during my last stay i enjoyed the restaurant outside however being winter it was closed.

Dear Irena J,

Thank you very much for always choosing the Hyatt Regency Cologne and for your very kind words on TripAdvisor. It was an honour to welcome you back to our hotel for a third time.
We look forward to welcoming you for a fourth time at the Hyatt Beergarden in the summer.

Best wishes from Cologne

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt for 3 nights in a standard room. The entrance to the hotel is a little underwhelming – quite dark and gloomy. However, the rest is an improvement. We were very impressed with the size and furnishings in our room; big comfortable bed, comfy chair, desk, and plenty of storage space. The bathroom was large, with a good powerful shower. Our only small complaint was that the television guide said that BBC 1, 2 and 3 were available but they weren’t so my husband was disappointed that he couldn’t watch Match of the Day! We asked at Reception about this and they sent someone to check but it made no difference. But this was hardly a trauma! The service everywhere in the hotel was excellent – very pleasant, friendly and helpful staff.

We didn’t have breakfast included in our room rate but we did treat ourselves one day. The breakfast was as you’d expect for a 5* hotel and the dining area had a good view over the river and cathedral. A very pleasant atmosphere. At 25€ each it is quite expensive. I would recommend that you book a room with breakfast included as it is probably more cost effective. There is very little else close by so eating breakfast at the hotel is the most convenient option.

In the winter the location of the hotel is not great. It is only about a 10 to 15 minutes walk across the bridge to the city centre, which is fine, but when it’s cold and gloomy or you’re walking it for the 4th time that day and for the 3rd day in a row, it does get a bit tedious. However, in the spring or summer I imagine it would be a lot more pleasant and the walk would be very enjoyable. If I returned to Cologne during warmer months I would consider staying here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cakestin
HyattRegencyKoeln, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear cakestin,

It is an honour that you describe your stay in our hotel with the words, “A very pleasant stay” on TripAdvisor. It was a true pleasure to welcome you to our property.
I really appreciate your comment about spacious guest rooms which have been newly refurbished only some time ago.
How wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offer, and that it gave you a good start in the day.

Our location gives you a unique view through the cathedral and the old town of Cologne. Less than 10 minute’s walk over the Hohenzollern bridge brings you straight into the city centre. I would love to welcome you again in the summer, to show you all of the positive aspects of this walk.

Enjoy your time, and take care.

Best regards

General Manger

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This hotel looks tired. The building looks very sixty of last century. The interior and the guest room looks outdated. And the color of the walls and carpets just don't help. And the riverfront park was under reworking when I stayed there. So the arrival was not celebrated at all. If not for the reason of being close to the IMM, you should try hotels in the older quarter of the city.
Some river front rooms can have a view of the Cathedral. The reason I paid for the view was the fear that room without that view could be too depressing.
The restaurant lives up to Hyatt tradition. Foods and service were good. In fact, the foods, which is lively, probably is the most trendy component of this hotel.
I won't say this is a bad hotel. But I certainly will try another hotel if visit Cologne again.

Date of stay: January 2014

Dear WM_Lee2014,

I really appreciate you honest words on TripAdvisor and would like to thank you very much for your detailed feedback.

It was nice to hear that you enjoyed the food and beverages in our hotel.
I am sorry that we did not satisfy you with our look and design. The Hyatt Regency Cologne was established in the 1980s and was completely renovated inside from 2010 to 2012. We try to appeal to as many guests as possible, but of course this is not always possible. The city of Cologne is building out the new Rhine Boulevard in front of the hotel which gives us a construction work for that time being. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
The entire team would very much like to welcome you again in the summer, so that you can be shown the most colorful aspects of our hotel and the city of Cologne.