2,754 results
All reviews across the river short walk over the bridge glashaus restaurant club room rhine view hohenzollern bridge beer garden old town cologne cathedral excellent hotel main restaurant rooms are spacious perfect location excellent stay train station trade show the air conditioning
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel.

Positives: Great view. Large rooms. Huge bathrooms. Fabulous views of the Lock Bridge and The Dom. Within walking distance of the main part of the city, but you are also able to get away from the hussle & bussle of the city. The staff was WONDERFUL and very helpful.

Negatives: the valet parking area was extremely tight and we felt like we were in the way when parking or waiting for our car. We found there were too few dining outlets in the hotel. Not much of a nightlife- if you want that, you'll have to cross the bridge into the main part of the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashleyann1202014
HyattRegencyKoeln, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear ashleyann1202014,

Thank you very much for your kind words on TripAdvisor. I also would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your great feedback about our service and the whole location.
For us, it is also important to receive your points of critisism in order to adjust or improve our products and service. We know that our entrance area is not the biggest. Please feel free to use our valet parking service the next time. Our concierge will be pleased to park the car for you while you may comfortably wait in our lobby area. We offer international cuisine and sushi at our Glashaus Restaurant and more hearty and local dishes at Schälsick Bar. If you would like to receive more information about dining possibilies, night life or shopping in Cologne, our concierge will be more than happy to assist.

We hope to welcome you again soon in Cologne.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was very satisfied with my stay at this hotel also the way they treated us was very good I feel I was part of the hotel team specially the service the provided to us I didn't experience it any hotel I stayed in around the world.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattRegencyKoeln, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Khaled A,

What great feedback you gave us on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to welcome you into the Hyatt Family, and to let you feel part of it. It is always our intention to give our guests a very special time during their stay in our hotel, which can happen either through professional service, or simply through the great location.
The entire team would like to thank you for being our guest and loves to welcome you back again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Our second visit to this lovely hotel - it ticks all the right boxes for me! While the building is stylish without being over the top, the biggest asset of this hotel is the staff. From the moment the front door was opened for us by a smartly dressed young lady who offered a friendly greeting, every member of staff we came in to contact with exuded professionalism yet in an open and friendly manner. I even shared a laugh with the young man who checked us in - the check-in process was completed quickly and efficiently.
We had paid extra for a Club level room - superb views across the river to the Cologne Cathedral, afternoon snacks and more snacks in the evening. Once again it's the high standard of service that sets this Club lounge above others we have tried. The staff are constantly checking that everybody is happy, used plates are cleared promptly, drinks brought to the table if you can't be bothered to get your own and all backed up with a friendly smile!

Can't wait for our next trip to Cologne - just need to make sure we can get a room in the Hyatt Regency at the right price. Anybody intending to make their first trip to Cologne should check if there are any events on at the Exhibition centre as hotel prices increase drastically during popular events. Moving your trip by a few days could save you hundreds of pounds!

Room Tip: Superb views across the river on west facing rooms - but you'll pay extra. Access to the Club Lounge/rooms are worth the extra.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear dmg 31,

Your feedback on TripAdvisor is outstanding and this is the highest praise we can receive. I truly appreciate your kind words about the Regency Club and especially about our staff. We all have a true passion for hospitality and we love to see our guests beeing comfortable and happy.
We cannot wait to welcome you back soon at the Hyatt Regency Cologne.

Best whishes,

General Manger

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel close bij the city center en shopping streets, reception was exceptional helpful. Rooms are big with a great bed. For view on the water, you have to pay extra. The only downside is, that the charge you €25 per person for the breakfast.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Milagros1972
HyattRegencyKoeln, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Milagros1972,

It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and to read your review on TripAdvisor.
It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel and to make you feel comfortable. During holidays we all need a good night’s sleep as to start motivated and relaxed the following day. It makes me very proud that we were able to give you this feeling of comfort with our bed and our big rooms.

It was also a pleasure to assist you at our reception desk and to provide you with assistance.
I would like to recommend that you include breakfast in your rate for your next stay with us, because it will be much cheaper for you.

We hope to see you soon and we send you our best regards from Cologne.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We had a superb stay in this luxurious hotel whilst visiting the Christmas markets. The rooms, staff and public areas exceeded my expectations and I was pleasantly surprised to find little extras that I've only seen before in hotels in the States.
I used the valet parking - a key reason for choosing this hotel - and the service was faultless.
Great location right across the river with wonderful views of the cathedral.
I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Lareinaroja,

How can I answer your kind words on TripAdvisor? It is wonderful that we have guests like you in our hotel who are so satisfied with our service and hotel design. Thank you very much indeed for your favourable comments.

I enjoyed what you said about our location and I totally agree with you, that it is a real pleasure to have such great views of the cathedral and the old town of Cologne.
The entire team at Hyatt Regency Cologne is looking forward to your next visit and hopes that it will be soon.

Best wishes from Cologne,