2,724 results
All reviewsacross the rivershort walk over the bridgeglashaus restaurantclub roomrhine viewhohenzollern bridgebeer gardenold towncologne cathedralexcellent hotelmain restaurantrooms are spaciousperfect locationexcellent staytrain stationtrade showthe air conditioning
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Although I haven't been recently, the Hyatt Regency Cologne is one of my all time favorite hotels. Great comfortable rooms, staff understand and speaks English and a quick walk to the old town in Cologne. Stayed for Carnival once, it was amazing!

Love the view of the Dom from the hotel!

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Dom is extra special!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HyattRegencyKoeln, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear TiaOne,

The headline of your review, “My Home away from Home for several years” makes me really happy. And reading “one of my all time favorite hotels” delights me even more. Thank you so much for your lovely words, which I will share with the entire team, and your loyalty to Hyatt.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back on Carnival in Cologne.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed 2 nights. This is older than most Hyatts we have stayed at in Europe. The rooms are comfortable as you would expect from this well run chain. One issue, that did surprise me, was the room was dusty. Not enough to ruin our stay. We ate twice in the hotel restaurants and the food was good and the service excellent. The hotel has a good location over the bridge from the train station but with luggage it is not an easy walk - lots of steps. We would return again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyKoeln, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear docGamba

Even you were not fully satisfied with your last stay, I am very pleased to read that you will return again. Last year we celebrated our 25th anniversary and we are very proud that, thanks to many recent renovations, we are still able to satisfy customer needs and taste.
For your next stay in Cologne, I recommend you use the train station Köln Messe/Deutz. It is located on the right bank of the Rhine, which means that you do not have to cross the bridge but can easily walk to the hotel by passing the main street.
Best wishes and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

stayed at Hyatt regency for 3 days end on december 2013 during Christmas period. Excellent hotel with excellent service, great dining experience in Glashaus restaurant and good spa facility. parking in hotel rather expencive, but more cost friendly parking available nearby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattRegencyKoeln, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Joeri V,

It was a true pleasure to welcome you for the Christmas period in Cologne. Your review tells how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for those kind words.
I am happy that you had the chance to experience the excellent food and service at Glashaus Restaurant. I hope you not only enjoyed your meal but also the breathtaking views over Cologne Cathedral and the historic Old Town.

I wish you a happy time until I see you again in Cologne.

Best wishes,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went for new year with our 2 puppies the hotel was absolutely fantastic with us travelling with dogs , the hotel is in a very good position to the city and is highly recommend, the thing that made our stay special was the staff

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattRegencyKoeln, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Cologne, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Sennawen,

Thank you very much for your great review on TripAdvisor and for choosing our VID (Very Important Dog) Amenity. It is our pleasure to welcome dogs in our hotel and it is our aim to make them feel as comfortable as their masters.

I much appreciate your comments about our staff. The entire team sends you best wishes and hopes to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had a lovely pre booked Rhine view room. The facilities were excellent and a beautifully laid out room, with en-suite facilities. Even had a desk where I could work on my laptop with the view overlooking the Dom of Koln. A very well maintained hotel with very good polite and helpful staff. We stayed for 2 nights and wished we had booked more time to stay and enjoy the sights of Koln and the ambiance of the hotel. We will return to this hotel again to enjoy a longer stay in Koln.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Cologne for your Christmas Tour and your pleasant words on TripAdvisor. It delights me that you could enjoy all conveniences and relaxing comforts of our Rhine View room and that you are visibly impressed by our professional staff.
Hopefully, the next time you have the chance to stay a little bit longer in Cologne and we are able to even exceed your expectations and maybe receive the full five points from you.