“Another stay at Senats.”
Review of Senats Hotel

Senats Hotel
Ranked #133 of 261 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed again this week - Monday to Thursday. Had a junior suite this time, everything as good as always. Breakfast service not as good as before - just a bit slow, probably due to one of the waiters not understanding English too well. No bar open in hotel but go out of building and turn left then first left a little bar there, use it, it is good and friendly and you can get 0.4ltr beer. Reception staff did our on line check in for return flight without any problems, will definitely return next year for the xmas markets.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret811
There are newer reviews for Senats Hotel

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel is very basic. The doors to get into your rooms open outwards and I found this strange. The rooms are quite spacious but sparse. The decor is drab and the carpets are clearly old. The single beds are quite comfortable and the linen was clean. There is a free soft drinks mini bar but there are no tea/coffee making facilities and the hotel does not have a bar, yes that's right, no bar! We were told it closed in August. When checking out, we saw what appeared to be decorators in one of the other rooms so they maybe starting to have a facelift. Breakfast was sufficient being of continental style with small cooked breakfast on request. The only channels in English on the tv are CNN and BBC World. Bathroom facilities were fine although the shower is about a foot higher than the floor level. On the plus side, the location is perfect for the Xmas Markets. From the airport, 20 mins on train costing €2.70 each single. From the station to the hotel is I would guess around 300 metres passing through one of the markets. Senats Hotel is within 2 minutes walk of 2 markets although we walked to several others. You are also very close to bars, restaurants, many hotels and a mega shopping centre with several large department stores. To be honest, the shopping are, so my wife tells me is a shoppers paradise. There seemed to be quite a few English guests. If you want a basic room, bed for the night and breakfast, this hotel is ok. If you want to spend a cosy evening in your room with tea/coffee, wine and tv, it's not for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ken A
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The service at this hotel was absolutely fantastic! The front desk staff did absolutely everything to make my stay perfect! For example, I received a whole bunch of packages to the hotel (probably a few too many), and the hotel staff had absolutely no problem with it. The day before I checked in, I was in Cologne for a few hours between trains and I asked whether I could leave my suitcases at the hotel for a few hours. No problem! When I did check in the next day, I asked to put something in the hotel freezer. No problem! The day of check out, I asked whether I could get a late check out. The front desk lady asked me what time I wanted to check out. I said 3pm. No problem! And in every one of these cases it was service with a smile! I started wondering whether they ever say no to any request! Fantastic service! The room was also very nice and clean and the location of the hotel was absolutely perfect as it was right next to all the shopping and a 5 minutes walk from the train station and cathedral. The minbar was stocked with Coca-Cola and water and was free of charge, which was nice. I loved this hotel and look forward to coming back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank afesiak
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Mhe it was okay, the guy at the front desk had an arrogant attitude though..
The room was pretty nice, really enjoyed the free minibar!
Everything was clean im the room an bathroom.
Couldn't taste the breakfast so can't comment on that unfortunately.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotels location is brillant very near the old town and the Dom. Staff very friendly...breakfast was basic but tasty. We stayed for 3 nights and were gone most of the day so it was nice to have a nice shower and comfy bed!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sergggg01
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Senats Hotel is a little bit older, but the staff was really friendly and it was clean. There was a breakfast buffet with traditional European options plus they offered to make eggs, bacon, and sausage. The location is great - just a block and a half from the Dom and about three blocks from the river. My only complaint is that they have three keys - one for the room, one for the elevator (which is super small) and one for the stairwell. Parking is in a gar I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel is in a really great location - just minutes walking from the "Dom" and the station and right next door to the shopping areas and some of the best laid out museums we've ever been to.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful - even ringing me up within an hour of booking to confirm our additional booking requests.

The hotel is quirky - it felt like we were in a 60's movie-set with the decor and the pictures around the walls. We relaxed after our days out in the bar area before going to our room and the barman was excellent.

Would definitely use this hotel again if back in Cologne.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple